Headlight conversions - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dzony
  • 1 Post By BiGK
  • 1 Post By noddy-hol
  • 1 Post By BiGK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-17, 10:55 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question Headlight conversions

hi all,
i have fitted an HID conversion kit (didnt read any forums beforehand!)and all has been fine for about 8 months until the other day,when i had the dreaded 'wipers wont switch off' fault!,ive obtained 2 secondhand wiper motors to try and change this weekend hoping its just them
but because i loved the brighness/distance/colour of them i was wondering
could the same fault arise by fitting LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H7 -7,600Lm 72W 6000K Diamond White CREE Led ??,do they work a different way i.e no sudden surge to wipers?,has anyone fitted these and know they are ok etc?.

like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N2G43WR?psc=1

thanks in advance for any help or advice
shaunyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-17, 02:49 PM   #2

The problem is because the wipers are networked and any voltage spikes will flow round the network to be honest you are lucky it has just broke the wipers as they are the weakest link it could do much more damage just like your overbright lights are doing to other drivers eyes !

ANY light conversion has the potential to do damage both to the car and to other drivers eyes.
Old 08-01-17, 08:23 PM   #3

Well, in Serbia there is a guy that can fit xenon kit to the car, and do some kind of a ''secure'' installation, he gives you a Warranty that nothing is going to burn or fry on my car, but he is asking for 130 euros, and OEM xenon fit will cost me 250 euros.. But without BSM, witch has to be changed too..
But then, there are extra can bus AC xenon kit's, that sellers prescribe for Peugeot, but they don't give any warranty except for bulb and ballast..
shaunyboy likes this.
Dzony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-17, 11:46 AM   #4

I like modifying cars. I really do. I would love to put some 20" rims with a 20mm drop on my coupe. I would love to build a hybrid ball bearing turbo and seeing as the front bumper has a lot of space, one beast of an intercooler and push 200bhp with a single mass flywheel conversion.

BUT some modifications come with additional issues. Ride harshness will be worse with 20's. How reliable will the powertrain be when pushing close to twice the power through it?

Then it comes to HID's.... the bane of my life when out there driving on the roads. You are there driving and suddenly get blinded. Turns out, it's a chav with illegally fitted HID's.

You see, the optics in a halogen headlamp unit was designed to collect & reflect light from a halogen bulb...and there's a reason why there is a little tab on the halogen bulb, a slight error in fitment will result in the light being dispersed towards unintended locations...like the driver of an oncoming vehicle. (Let's hope that driver isn't hauling a 40 tonne wagon...otherwise your bloodline will be cut incredibly short).
Can you imagine the havoc a HID retrofit kit will cause?

I'm sure you've read my reply in the other post with an incredibly similar issue to yours. HID's require 20000 volts to start up. The ballast needs a crazy protection system to ensure that none of that 20kv ends up going towards the BSI. Even when running, HID's typically needs around 80v.

Then there is the fact I am pretty sure the lamps use a PWM regulation for DRL's in selected countries... and without going into the more complex issues of shared grounds and EMI....

In short, your issues are not because it's a shitting Peugeot. Your issues are because you have attempted a modification without understanding the basic principles of what's involved.

If you can't see with a set of standard halogens, get your eyes tested. If you want to have the "premium" look, go buy a German car because you are still driving in a shitting Peugeot with fake HID's that can be seen a mile away...literally. Please just do what everyone else does. Buy a couple of Osram Nightbreakers' for 20 and call it a day, save yourself a lot of hassle and then take the money you will have saved from a fake HID kit, pop some fuel in the car and enjoy the superior ride from the double wishbone and multilink suspension on a nice open road in Wales.
noddy-hol likes this.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-17, 03:15 PM   #5

Hi..as above...I have nightbreakers and never had a problem and I live in a rural area..but I also regularly wax my headlamp lens keeping them polished and clean..good luck
shaunyboy likes this.
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-17, 04:13 PM   #6

WOW someone who actually understands the problems being caused by the rediculous light brigade !

I have been telling people for years they are damaging each others eyes with this pointless pissing contest to see who can be the brightest or the coolest with they fekin foglights on ! and its only going to get worse with all these new led lights if you REALLY cant see with normal lights its YOU that has the problem go to specsavers dont blind everyone else just because you cant see !
Old 09-01-17, 05:10 PM   #7

problem wipers peugeot 407

This should solve your problem...if not, you are looking for a new BSI. I hope you have learnt your lesson and move on.

FYI - There's a reason when Audi, Peugeot etc use LED headlights, there is more than one light source. LED's create a lot of heat. There's the potential for something to go up in flames if adequate cooling isn't supplied...or fails. If you want to use LED's, just stick to sidelights, indicators etc. Headlights aren't worth it, keep those halogen.
Old 10-01-17, 09:53 PM   #8
Inactive User

WOW!!!! sorry folks,think i must of posted my question in the
'SARCASIM AND STUPIDITY' section by mistake????

i was asking a sensible question that im sure many others would like the answer to?,with the exception of a few it seems all people on here want to do is backlash and call peoples cars names etc...bit childish me thinks.

on the point of nightbreakers!....why do people rave about them so much,they are rubbish and no where near white light,more like orange street lights than white!.they are poo IMO.

on the point of hid blinding people,making the crash off the road,causing people permanant blindness etc! id like to know how you came to this scientific conclusion??.

i have had the HID kit fitted for approx 8 months,and never been flashed once!,nor have i seen anyone crash off the road or heard any reports that ive blinded anyone??.

the Hid's were fitted and tested at my local mot garage,for beam pattern,hight of beam,brightness of beam etc etc and passed with flying colours......meaning they are legal and no different from all the other headlight except brighter and whiter....but still not dazzling people and causing them to crash of the road ffs!.

maybe i made a mistake asking on here?,if you cant give proper answers or dont know what planet your on then ,maybe you should refrain from answering anything???just a thought
shaunyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-17, 10:12 PM   #9

Why do you want white light ! its not the whiteness that makes you see its how well they reflect from the light unit !!

MOT does NOT test brightness of bulbs if you came towards me you WOULD be flashed.

HIDs DO dazzle other drivers at least the ones that still have decent eyesight anyway but then they are a dying breed due to the bright lights !!

Suppose you think its ok to drive with foglights because in your opinion they dont dazzle other drivers !!

Main problem is these rediculously bright lights have only been around for the last 20 years or so before that people just dealt with what they had over the last 5 years the problem is getting progressively worse as EVERYTHING has unnecessarily bright lights and these people then put there foglights on coss they look cool making it even worse

Last edited by reliable406; 10-01-17 at 10:15 PM.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-17, 11:54 PM   #10

You were the one who posted up, asking about HID bulbs 10 months ago and you were warned about the wiper issue. You subsequently paid no notice. I'll remind you where that was.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...grades-203602/

So forgive me (and others) for treating you in the manner you have been treated. I would assume with age comes wisdom but that clearly has passed you.

Just because an MOT station has given you a certificate, it does not mean your vehicle is road legal. If you look closely at genuine HID bulbs, Halogen bulbs, headlamps (and plenty of other items like window glass), you will notice a little stamp, something along the lines of "E1" or "E11" etc. That means these items have been certified by a relevant authority to be road legal. Your illegal HID kit will not have the certification, meaning your vehicle is not supposed to be on the roads and therefore your insurance is invalid and you have informed your insurance company of your modification right?

Just because you have not been flashed yet, did it occur to you the oncoming driver was polite, or would cause drivers' other than yourself to get dazzled?

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...cgb2011-04.pdf < Here's some data on how many crashes (recorded by police at roadside only) were attributed to dazzling headlights.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-headlamps.pdf < And here is the evidence that ALL aftermarket HID's are illegal.

Anything else?
noddy-hol likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in