Having problems with the fan in my Peugeot 407sw - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-11, 10:14 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Having problems with the fan in my Peugeot 407sw

I have a 407sw, 2005, diesel car and having problem with it. The fan doesn’t switch off which in turns runs the battery down. I have dropped it into the dealership on a number of occasions but the are unable to find a problem. They have recommended to ‘unplugged’ the battery every time this happens. I have done this on a number of occasions however now the computer is acting up telling us lights not working, brakes not work etc. Any advice what I could do.
Brugha-og is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-06-11, 10:54 AM   #2
Inactive User

they need update engine software and this fix this problem
Old 21-06-11, 12:48 PM   #3
Inactive User

If this is a 1.6 then there is nothing wrong with it. Its starting a regeneration of the particulate filter but its ending before it can finish this process by going below 50 or by you turning the ignition off so the fan runs on to cool the DPF (diesel particulate filter). You may not know what im talking about but believe me you soon will. DPFs are the work of the devil!

What makes it more amazing is that a lot of main dealers and independents dont even know what this is. Oh and if the battery is running down then it simply means the battery is weak or old and will need replacing as i did on mine.
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-06-11, 01:29 PM   #4
Inactive User

sebasteno is wrong because fan shouldby working no more 6 min if working to battery flat is problem with engine software
Old 21-06-11, 02:18 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magma1974 View Post
sebasteno is wrong because fan shouldby working no more 6 min if working to battery flat is problem with engine software
Sorry but the OP mentions no timescales and from MY OWN EXPERIENCE the regeneration and fan run on will flatten a battery if its weak or old so that makes you wrong.

The OP also mentions that he has droopped into the dealership a number of times and they have found no cure so it seems a simple software update is not correct or they would have done it.

Last edited by sebasteeno; 21-06-11 at 02:20 PM.
Old 22-06-11, 10:02 AM   #6
Inactive User

Default All suggestions tried and failed

The dealership has update engine software but to no avail, the battery is only a year old and was tested very recently. It is really tiresome dropping the car into the Dealership every couple of Months.

Another problem with the car is the lights malfunction quite a lot, it can become so bad that we are unable to drive the car at night.
Old 22-06-11, 11:08 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brugha-og View Post
The dealership has update engine software but to no avail, the battery is only a year old and was tested very recently. It is really tiresome dropping the car into the Dealership every couple of Months.

Another problem with the car is the lights malfunction quite a lot, it can become so bad that we are unable to drive the car at night.
What engine?
Old 22-06-11, 11:10 AM   #8
Inactive User

Default No idea

All I can tell you that the engine is 1.6 HDi
Old 22-06-11, 12:27 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brugha-og View Post
All I can tell you that the engine is 1.6 HDi
As i thought. Read my first post on this thread. Do you get any warning messages on start up and how do you use your car ie short runs or long ones?
Old 22-06-11, 12:37 PM   #10
Inactive User

Default Warning messages

Yes we do get warning messages when we start the car up, the majority of journeys are between 14km to 50km.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in