Glove Box Light - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-12-13, 06:03 PM   #1
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Andover, Hampshire, UK
Posts: 40
Default Glove Box Light

Bought a 407 Sport saloon 2.0 HDI at the weekend and noticed today the glove box light isn't working. Managed to take the unit out as expected to replace the bulb but then noticed when feeling around inside there is nothing for the unit to connect into.

Should there be a lead inside which you need to connect to prior to replacing the light ? looks like this may have been removed ...
Andover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 18-12-13, 08:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: isle of man
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andover View Post
Bought a 407 Sport saloon 2.0 HDI at the weekend and noticed today the glove box light isn't working. Managed to take the unit out as expected to replace the bulb but then noticed when feeling around inside there is nothing for the unit to connect into.

Should there be a lead inside which you need to connect to prior to replacing the light ? looks like this may have been removed ...
also note I think you need the ignition on for it to work
100brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-12-13, 08:27 PM   #3
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Andover, Hampshire, UK
Posts: 40
Default

Cheers - thats a start

took the unit out and it looks like it has a lead which is what i am unsure about as i can't see anything and i can't feel anything where it would go

Anyone that has changed their bulb got idea on if there is a lead ?

Last edited by Andover; 18-12-13 at 08:29 PM.
Andover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 18-12-13, 09:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: isle of man
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andover View Post
Cheers - thats a start

took the unit out and it looks like it has a lead which is what i am unsure about as i can't see anything and i can't feel anything where it would go

Anyone that has changed their bulb got idea on if there is a lead ?
Will have a look at mine tomorrow and let you know
100brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-12-13, 09:35 PM   #5
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Andover, Hampshire, UK
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100brian View Post
Will have a look at mine tomorrow and let you know
Cheers pal - would appreciate that before i start pulling the screws out and taking the glove box to pieces
Andover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-12-13, 08:39 AM   #6
Moderator
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southport
Posts: 11,652
Default

IIRC its a very short lead, it may have fallen back into the dash.
__________________
Planet Diags: Sefton - Merseyside
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-12-13, 09:14 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: isle of man
Posts: 119
Default

photo of mineimg_0627%5B1%5D.jpg

img_0628%5B1%5D.jpg

think your cable will have fallen down.

hope this helps.
100brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-12-13, 09:26 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: isle of man
Posts: 119
Default

img_0631%5B1%5D.jpgone of the cable
100brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-12-13, 09:40 AM   #9
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Andover, Hampshire, UK
Posts: 40
Default

Bugger ... Looks like the T20 screwdriver is coming out at lunchtime then and the glove box is coming off.

Thanks for your help guys
Andover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-12-13, 10:01 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: isle of man
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andover View Post
Bugger ... Looks like the T20 screwdriver is coming out at lunchtime then and the glove box is coming off.

Thanks for your help guys
Before you do that just try a bit of bent wire with a hook on it in the hole where the light goes.
100brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.