F9 fuse cig lighter & glovebox light blowing immediately. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-18, 09:06 PM   #1

Default F9 fuse cig lighter & glovebox light blowing immediately.

hi guys i wonder if you can help, please

i've a 2007 407 2.2HDI SW

my phone was charging fine until today, i've checked the F9 fuse and it was gone.

swapped the fuse 3 times, always for a 30A one and each time i've switched the ignition the fuse has blown instantly.

i've nothing plugged in to the lighter, so was wondering if there's an obvious place i would start looking for a short? there are no other electrical issues at all, just instantly blowing the one F9 30A fuse

thanks for reading.

darryn
dark54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-06-18, 02:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark54 View Post
hi guys i wonder if you can help, please

i've a 2007 407 2.2HDI SW

my phone was charging fine until today, i've checked the F9 fuse and it was gone.

swapped the fuse 3 times, always for a 30A one and each time i've switched the ignition the fuse has blown instantly.

i've nothing plugged in to the lighter, so was wondering if there's an obvious place i would start looking for a short? there are no other electrical issues at all, just instantly blowing the one F9 30A fuse

thanks for reading.

darryn
Were you able to sort out your consistent fuse breakage problem? If no, use a flashlight to check inside the lighter; check both the lighter at the front of the car, and the one for the passengers. More often than not, there is something short circuiting and that something may even be your charger!

Sent from my TECNO L9 Plus using Tapatalk
Dapromz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-06-18, 04:21 PM   #3

No, i couldn’t get it resolved. I’ve just checked inside all 3 cig lighters too but doesn’t look like there’s anything in them. Cleaned them out with contact cleaner too but still the same. Think it’s a job for an autoelectrician. Cheers anyway.
dark54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in