F**king Thing! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-12, 04:59 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default F**king Thing!

Got to say im really starting to get fed up of my 407 now. After spending about 400 on the drivers side suspension six months ago, then another 900 on a clutch/dmf and rear spring six weeks ago then a week after that a new rear drop link, then the week after that losing heating on the drivers side (which still isnt fixed). Now the passenger side suspension had had it! Need a full new alloy suspension housing thing costing 350 just because a ten quid bush at the bottom of it has failed plus needs new drop links on both sides and a new ball joint on the passenger side. As quick as i earn fecking money it goes out on the car and im really fecked off with it now. Im thinking once its fixed then its a gonner as its like the fecking thing is made of plasticine!
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-12, 06:02 PM   #2
Inactive User

ah shite. cant you get it from breakers or somehow fix it up yourself? i too was of that oppinion, but then once i fixed everything up, i didnt want to sell it because i still couldnt get the price its worth it and i felt sad to sell it after so much time put into it
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-12, 06:04 PM   #3
Inactive User

but then again, i get easily attached to things i put effort into. like training my gf to make me a sammich.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-12, 06:06 PM   #4
jmkent

Unfortunately, cars do this, and as mileage clocks up and the years get on, they will fail, no matter what manufacturer. I would expect after a time, you'll replace all the likely parts and be back to a good car for 000s of miles
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-12, 07:15 PM   #5

Thats my outlook, eventually you've got a new car. Just hope it doesn't cost too much. Couldn't afford it though if I wasn't able to do my own labour.

Last edited by sterion75; 03-01-12 at 07:18 PM.
sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-12, 07:49 PM   #6
Inactive User

i shouldnt say this but when i had my peugeot 307 it was constant spending to get things sorted on it as things kept breaking...all the bloody time, no matter how many "new" parts i added it still kept breaking.

but since i got my focus, yeah ive had a few problems, far less of them and cost far less and easier to fix then my 307...

but i do have to say i miss my peugy, it had its own personality and looks, it was my cheese eating surrender monkey car...now i've got the fat american who likes to floor it everywhere!!! i can hear it now muttering to itself "motorway, wanna go fast down motorway and get a BK!"

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-12, 08:18 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasteeno View Post
Need a full new alloy suspension housing thing costing 350 just because a ten quid bush at the bottom of it has failed plus needs new drop links on both sides and a new ball joint on the passenger side.
think I payed 210 for mine.
Im now looking at replacing my Taxi with an Avensis 1.8 petrol manual, cam chain, no DPF, no DMF reliable and good for 200,000 miles without much maintenance, buy far the most populat saloon car on our ranks.

Last edited by bryan407sw; 05-01-12 at 12:38 PM.
bryan407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-12, 05:02 PM   #8
Inactive User

Got an alloy leg thing from a breaker today for 60 including delivery. No way was i paying 300+. Lets just hope it lasts!
john_h likes this.
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-12, 06:07 PM   #9
chopper1192

Pleased you got a cost effective replacement part

Moral of the story is, if you don't like repair bills stick to new cars with warranty. If you buy older cars, especially large and complex older cars, then it's a gamble, one which you won't always win. That's why old ones cost less than new ones.
Gibbo likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-12, 07:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_h View Post
i shouldnt say this but when i had my peugeot 307 it was constant spending to get things sorted on it as things kept breaking...all the bloody time, no matter how many "new" parts i added it still kept breaking.

but since i got my focus, yeah ive had a few problems, far less of them and cost far less and easier to fix then my 307...
For me it was the opposite. I had my heart set on another 306 diesel to replace the one which was hit in the snow of 2009 but the prices just rocketed and if I was going to spend 2000+ on a car it may as well be something newer (the armrests on the 307 were a big factor!)

In the 40,000 miles the 307 only needed an injector, clutch, MAF sensor and the usual tyres and brakes, and the heater fix (my fault for leaving the heater on hot to long dry my wet shoes) and the ABS sensor gap clean.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in