Explamation mark ! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-11, 01:58 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Explamation mark !

Well went out with a friend to start the car up yesterday 407 SE 1.6 hdi to go to the hospital to see when the pins are coming out of my foot after my motorbike accident 12 weeks ago. No i wasn't driving as i have a lovely plastic foot protection bit that is held in place with Velcro and straps Any.The friend hasn't driven this one so when he told me there was a warning light on it was a surprise as it was has been OK the previous little trips without a problem , its not getting daily runs at the moment or normal use but try and get it run a good distance to warm up and loosen up. the car didn't display any problems as such as it seamed to be running OK to me but when i had a quick look at the display it looked like a "! any ideas to check as i say there was no slow down or hit of trouble in the way it was driving that i could see and tried it again this morning just starting it and rolling it back and forth with 1st and reverse will check all consumables later but but its a pain when your reliant on your bloody crutches
Advertisement

Old 26-07-11, 03:06 PM   #2
jmkent

If this error was displayed, there would have been a logical text error message displayed on the display in the centre console. If the symbol reappears, go through the menu to the faults page and it will tell you what is still present which is making the light come on.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 06:00 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
If this error was displayed, there would have been a logical text error message displayed on the display in the centre console. If the symbol reappears, go through the menu to the faults page and it will tell you what is still present which is making the light come on.
Checked the fault log on centre console nothing there ? as i say will do my best with Gammy leg to go through stuff tonight it was revving and running fine while we decided not to use it and returned to the my parking area and used my friends car. it still go through its start up check ok and has a about 1500miles to the next service.

Old 26-07-11, 06:02 PM   #4
jmkent

The fault will only be in the display so long as it is still true, i.e. if its intermittent, it will disappear from the list when its not actually at fault.... if that makes sense?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 06:39 PM   #5

Came up on mine once , i think it had something to do with the key so i resynched it and never had it since.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-07-11, 01:11 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
The fault will only be in the display so long as it is still true, i.e. if its intermittent, it will disappear from the list when its not actually at fault.... if that makes sense?
yeh i understand what your saying
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in