Experiencing the wrath of a Peugeot! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-17, 08:05 AM   #1

Smile Experiencing the wrath of a Peugeot!

Hello all

I'm just hoping that someone may have some experience here.

I lost both heater flaps earlier in the week and with it being so cold, I last night repaired the passenger side flap! Works so well, i'm extremely happy with the results, however...

1.) Yesterday before attempting any of the work, I was getting a handbrake warning sign pop up.. It keeps doing it regularly now.

After doing the flaps, I now have an Airbag issue! The MFD reads 'Airbag or pretensioner fault' , Diagbox reads 'Fault on passenger's airbag igniter, level 2' I didn't do much else as it was getting stupidly late.

I'm really lost as to what this could actually mean though

When repairing the flap, the only thing disconnected was the flap motor and the power to the fan blower (thick red and white cable on a white connector) this was disconnected to allow for extra clearance whilst I tackled the flap.

The glovebox did come out - Is there potentially something i've done or is it likely just a software error?

Would anyone recommend resetting the BSi ?

I've read that this could be a 'comms' issue and buying a replacement would be the resolution, but I think it's far to coincidental!

I hope this was easy to understand, Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers
abrelosojos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-01-17, 12:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrelosojos View Post
Hello all

I'm just hoping that someone may have some experience here.

I lost both heater flaps earlier in the week and with it being so cold, I last night repaired the passenger side flap! Works so well, i'm extremely happy with the results, however...

1.) Yesterday before attempting any of the work, I was getting a handbrake warning sign pop up.. It keeps doing it regularly now.

After doing the flaps, I now have an Airbag issue! The MFD reads 'Airbag or pretensioner fault' , Diagbox reads 'Fault on passenger's airbag igniter, level 2' I didn't do much else as it was getting stupidly late.

I'm really lost as to what this could actually mean though

When repairing the flap, the only thing disconnected was the flap motor and the power to the fan blower (thick red and white cable on a white connector) this was disconnected to allow for extra clearance whilst I tackled the flap.

The glovebox did come out - Is there potentially something i've done or is it likely just a software error?

Would anyone recommend resetting the BSi ?

I've read that this could be a 'comms' issue and buying a replacement would be the resolution, but I think it's far to coincidental!

I hope this was easy to understand, Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers
Make sure the cables are reconnected properly may be a loose connection then try a bsi reset. failing that the faults will need to be cleared by using planet
Old 18-01-17, 09:42 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply commandosqk!

I followed your advice! In short, the issue was related to the passenger airbag above the dash being disconnected, Only slightly disconnected mind! Which i assume was caused when putting the glovebox back in, probably caught it because I know for a fact that, I did not intentionally disconnect that particular connector.

For anyone who is searching for answers for a similar issue, here is what I found it to be

error on MDF : Airbag or pretensioner fault

Error shown on PP2000 reads ' Fault on passenger's airbag igniter, level 2 '

I found that the cable slightly disconnected was located here:

To access, the glove box needs to be entirely removed.

Attached Thumbnails
vent-3.jpg  
abrelosojos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-01-17, 09:46 AM   #4

Glad you got it sorted! Normally is something simple when you had things apart!
commandosqk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-01-17, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
So probably one of the ABS sensors is dying out slowly and it sending wrong speed info to the BSI and thus car warns you that you are moving and that you need to release your parking brake.

It happened to me before, and also last week when it was -22C and after couple of hand brake warnings it popped with ABS/ESP faulty. As soon as temperature rise over -5 it stopped with the error. So I might check the PP2000 to see which one it was so I make sure that there are no issues with cables/jacks (and hope for the warmer weather )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by neecola; 19-01-17 at 02:50 PM.
neecola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in