ESP/ABS/DPF and now Parking light error - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-11-13, 04:38 PM   #1
Inactive User

Angry ESP/ABS/DPF and now Parking light error

Ive got a 2004 2 litre 407 HDI estate and have repeated intermittent electrical problems. Every few months the dreaded ESP light appears closely followed by the ABS lights. This usually lasts a few days and comes and goes but this time it now being preceded by a flashing parking light error at ignition with a flickering up and down of the speedo?? Usually after 2 or 3 restarts and 5 mins running it disappears. Ive noticed that the faults always appear at ignition (during the boot up process) and very rarely when the engines been running for a time. Ive previously had the false errors for rear light clusters and I find that touching the wiring in the boot usually stops it. I now also have a semi permanent dpf fault which strangley when you check the error codes none showing are anything to do with the DPF. Ive gone months with no recurrence of the abs/esp fault so assume its not mechanical and possibly a loose wire but it seems to me that the whole car has been wired up badly. I also disconnected the battery 2 weeks ago and the external temp is now showing 5 degrees less than it actually is?? Its recently passed its mot so Ive got another 11 months before it goes and I would dearly like to stop the ringing in my ears as the various faults appear. Has anyone come across anything similar (PS my roof blinds are off the runners, rear window is off its runner and dual zone heating doesnt work)

Last edited by easthams1958; 18-11-13 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling errors
easthams1958 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-11-13, 05:01 PM   #2

ABS/ESP could well be the brake switch under the dash. Cheap part and easy to swap.
It is always best to have the car scanned with the correct equipment though as you can end up replacing stuff you don't need to.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in