Error messages - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-17, 08:20 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Error messages

Hi, newbie here.

I have a 407 1.6HDi that went into limp mode then blew the turbo. Found out the DPF was totally blocked!
NO engine fault messages came up on the display at all yet I do get bulb failure messages etc... Is it possible someone has 'programmed out' engine fault messages, is this possible with Plant or other software?

thanks for your thoughts...!
407Hal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-17, 08:51 PM   #2

No it cannot be programmed out using planet but it could be using other software your car MAY be mapped with no DPF but its hard to tell

Your DPF was probably clogged up due to the system not regenerating there are various reasons for this and if you dont fix the problem the same thing will happen again

Turbo failing may have dumped oil into exhaust and this is why your DPF was clogged it may not have been the DPF that killed the turbo

As i say there are many possibilities lack of proper servicing short journeys not revving engine enough all contribute to problems.
Old 09-02-17, 09:02 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for your answer, it makes sense.
The car was trying to regen. as the cooling fan would 'run on' for ten minutes after the engine was switched off to cool the DPF. I have had a steep learning curve with this car as I knew nothing about DPFs a month ago!
Anyway, the DPF now has a few healthy holes drilled into it (shush, don't tell anyone) so will not block again, and I have fitted a new cartridge to the turbo, and refilled with fresh oil and filter. Happy days.
No error messages so far, and not expecting any!

Old 10-02-17, 05:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407Hal View Post
The car was trying to regen. as the cooling fan would 'run on' for ten minutes after the engine was switched off to cool the DPF. I have had a steep learning curve with this car as I knew nothing about DPFs a month ago!
Anyway, the DPF now has a few healthy holes drilled into it (shush, don't tell anyone) so will not block again, and I have fitted a new cartridge to the turbo, and refilled with fresh oil and filter. Happy days.
I hope Mr MOT man does not see the few healthy holes drilled in the dpf.
Malcolm.
Old 10-02-17, 06:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407Hal View Post
It's recommended that you replace all oil feed components too, there was a service bulletin to this effect on the 1.6hdi. PM me your email address and I can email you the service bulletin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-17, 08:35 AM   #6

Drilling holes in the DPF wont cure the reason it blocked in the first place you will still get issues relating to the DPF unless its mapped out the system.

I am very much in the make it work camp with DPFs as removing them can cost more than actually fixing them the system just needs everything working properly its not that complicated my 307 had 170k miles on its original DPF and still regened fine every 300 miles
Old 10-02-17, 08:44 AM   #7
Inactive User

Unfortunately due to my commuting style, this car would never get a sufficient run to allow a regen to finish. And I'm not about to go for a 30 minute blast up a main road to let it work as this would waste fuel! As you can tell I'm not a fan of DPFs and maybe I should have bought a petrol car but for now, this one is running. Mr MOT is only allowed a visual inspection and to the eye, the DPF is present, as long as I pass the smoke test at MOT time, I'll be a happy man, if not then the car will be listed for parts on Ebay. No loss :-)
Old 10-02-17, 08:58 AM   #8

This is where you are wrong its not necessary to go a 30 minute blast to clear it it only needs a steady run at a steady speed and if the system works properly it will regen i did not go out my way to make mine regen and as i say if your system is not mapped out the holes you drilled will make matters worse !
Old 20-02-17, 07:26 PM   #9
Inactive User

Little Puggy 407 back on the road, happy days!
Unfortunately the little beast is still trying to regen so the cooling fan runs for 5 minutes after every trip...
Can someone advise the best software/cable combination to delete DPF/EGR?
I'm after really low budget stuff so something off Ebay for 20 will do.
Also, the car is reporting 56.4 MPG since the DPF drill-out, so is the DPF really the way to go to save the planet? Pre-drill out the car was struggling to return 43 MPG.

While I'm on, is there an easy way to kill the car alarm? Is it possible to just unplug it or will go off and need dropping in a bucket of water...?

Thanks!
Old 20-02-17, 08:14 PM   #10

It's a bit more complicated than plugging in a cable - you need to download the map file from your cars ECU, modify that file so that the car no longer has DPF and EGR functions, as well as making sure the engine runs as it should, then uploading the modified file onto the ECU.

Then the EGR and DPF ought to be blanked or removed.

A Galetto or KWP2000+ will suffice to download and upload the files, but modifying it requires some detailed know-how and specific equipment/software.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in