Engine noise when releasing accelerator - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-13, 03:51 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Engine noise when releasing accelerator

Hi guys,

I had my car serviced at the start of January with new air filter, oil filter, fuel filter. The oil was also flushed from the engine during this. Following the service everything was great but a week later we had some heavy snow and this resulted in a lot of 2nd gear / 10mph driving and soon after the EML light came on with depollution system faulty error message.

I had a friend clear the depollution/EML error with AUTOCON (?), which he said was related to the MAF. He believed this could have been related to the service and he then checked boost levels etc whilst driving and all appeared fine.

Later that night I took the car for a hard drive and it seemed to struggle at high speed, then when driving home the car seemed to kangaroo in 2nd/3rd gear and at times the turbo boost was gone, it came and went randomly, however the EML light is still off and it has stopped doing this. Could this be the ECU relearning or something?

I have driven the car today and all appears fine however I have noticed a strange noise when coming off the accelerator, it seems as if it's struggling to intake air or something. I have checked all pipes etc and there is nothing obvious. The injector seals need replaced but this will be done within the next week or so

I have uploaded a video which you can hear the noise as the car returns to idle revs. Can anyone shed any light on what this could be?

Peugeot 407 engine noise - YouTube

Many thanks,
Colum.
cgarr04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-13, 03:53 PM   #2
davidireland

Default Re: Engine noise when releasing accelerator

Get a diagnostic check done on Peugeot diagnostic. Could be anything.

Sent from my GT-S5690
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-13, 05:41 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Get a diagnostic check done on Peugeot diagnostic. Could be anything.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

Did you listen to engine noise in the video? I thought it would be something obvious from the noise that the car makes when the engine is returning to idle rpm, but what do I know. Maybe a pipe loose/split somewhere?

At the moment the car is fine and I have driven it to and from work today and there was no issues, EML is still off and no DP warnings but the noise is still present.

MPG also seems to be reduced as it's reading 293 miles with just over a half tank and it's normally around the 350 mark. It seems to be much lower when accelerating too, however the car pulls and idles perfectly fine.

Regards,
Colum.

Old 02-02-13, 05:46 PM   #4
davidireland

From the sounds of that you've got an injector blowing. Remove the cover from top of engine. Is there alot of black soot around the injectors.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Old 02-02-13, 05:54 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
From the sounds of that you've got an injector blowing. Remove the cover from top of engine. Is there alot of black soot around the injectors.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Yes, noticed that injector seal needed replaced when recently serviced, leakage from left hand side.

I will be picking this up from the dealers on monday as pay day has arrived, but part is olnly 8 I think

Do you think this will cure my problem - and I assume it's safe enough to drive until then?

Thanks,
Colum
Old 02-02-13, 05:55 PM   #6
davidireland

Id fix injector leak asap. Those fumes are coming into the car.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Old 02-02-13, 05:59 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Id fix injector leak asap. Those fumes are coming into the car.

Sent from my GT-S5690
I can maybe get the part from a local motor factors tomorrow. I'll report back with the outcome.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,
Colum
Old 02-02-13, 06:20 PM   #8
davidireland

You'll need three pieces. Dealer only. The copper washer, a nylon sleeve and a rubber seal to fix it correctly. On removal of the old washer the injector seat in the head will need to be reground as it will leak again if not done.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in