ECU trouble? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pugcit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-11, 01:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question ECU trouble?

Hi all,

Just had my '54 407 HDI read on PP after suffering problems.

Basically, after around 30 miles or so, it developed a physical issues whereby it seemed the engine was 'missing' - then after a min or 2, just cut out. Would only restart after leaving for a day. It's done this twice now. Each time the display says that there's water in the fuel filter, DPF issues, engine management issues.
Had a guy out today to check it - it hasn't even got a sensor for water in the fuel filter!!
He couldn't find any issues against the fault codes (below), and checked over the injector wiring (well - all the wiring!). Seems to think it may be a ****** ECU (Siemens) - and suggested trying to get it flashed with software as a last resort before spending . Apparently, according to pug (he checked for me), to buy a new Siemens unit you also have to change the EGR valve?!?!
Any ideas?

Thanks - Darren

RECO_V4
Permanent fault. Injection ECU Internal fault
Intermittent fault. Injectors control Fault on the harness or on the injector
Intermittent fault. Injection ECU Internal fault
Intermittent fault. Multiplexing Remotely controlled triggering information not coherent
Intermittent fault. Multiplexing No BSI or air conditioning communication
Intermittent fault. Starting and switching off of the engine controlled Starting or switch-off requests absent or
not valid
Intermittent fault. Cooling circuit bypass valve solenoid valve circuit Open circuit
darren407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-07-11, 03:40 PM   #2
Inactive User

utter crap about changing an egr valve

get me the numbers (starting 5wS) and I will have a look at what i have in stock

You will only need to replace the ECU BSI Board and Key fob (Just the black bit not the silver key)

you can have one if i got one for 120 delivered
Pugcit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-11, 03:52 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks Pugcit

Will be back with number (got to get out of car again!)

The auto elec said that 'some' siemens have a gel over the board, so you can't mess with them?

Do u think a software update is worth trying - 55?

Old 13-07-11, 04:35 PM   #4
Inactive User

Pugcit,

It's a Siemens 5WS40167G-T

Are they easy to get apart?

Thanks
Old 14-07-11, 08:01 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren407 View Post
Thanks Pugcit

Will be back with number (got to get out of car again!)

The auto elec said that 'some' siemens have a gel over the board, so you can't mess with them?

Do u think a software update is worth trying - 55?
Its up to you. If there is just a simple malfunction with the ecu settings i guess a flash would sort that out but it there is a bad earth or contact problem its hardware and would need taking appart and fixing or just replacing. I mean after the flash if you still have the problem you then need to replace it. Let me have a look if I have any in stock and I will let you know as soon as I can (2 staff down this week)

Regards
Old 14-07-11, 09:21 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugcit View Post
Its up to you. If there is just a simple malfunction with the ecu settings i guess a flash would sort that out but it there is a bad earth or contact problem its hardware and would need taking appart and fixing or just replacing. I mean after the flash if you still have the problem you then need to replace it. Let me have a look if I have any in stock and I will let you know as soon as I can (2 staff down this week)

Regards
OOOHHHH im good me lookie what I found Pics to prove

if you know how to unplug the wires on the Bsi board thats the hardest part

Regards

Old 14-07-11, 11:58 AM   #7
jmkent

Quote:
utter crap about changing an egr valve
Not necessarily - mine couldn't have the ECU software updated from Peugeot France if I didn't have the new style EGR valve on first - the new software isn't compatible with the old EGR valves
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-07-11, 12:16 PM   #8
Inactive User

Ok - update for you all.....

I've had the ecu flashed with the software update, which it accepted. The mechanic noted that it MAY affect the EGR settings, due to the update being newer than the EGR, but on road test the car was fine. (Incidently, if you buy a new ECU from pug, they tell you you have to replace the EGR too, although the guy I used to test the system yesterday said he has NEVER heard of having to do that before!!!)

I've just driven it 35 miles back, and all seems ok so far...on town driving and motorway..they said if the software was going to affect the EGR, then it would do so immediately, causing 'kangerooing'.

Just need to now see if it cures the other issues. If not (and i'll know within a week I guess), then I'll try replacing the board that Pugcit has kindly found for me!

Pugcit - will let you know - if problem re-occurs, then I have no option than to go for your suggestion and kind offer. (I'll need some simple destructions on how to!!) Do you have a contact number (guessing your operating a business)?

Thanks
Old 14-07-11, 02:09 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren407 View Post
Ok - update for you all.....

I've had the ecu flashed with the software update, which it accepted. The mechanic noted that it MAY affect the EGR settings, due to the update being newer than the EGR, but on road test the car was fine. (Incidently, if you buy a new ECU from pug, they tell you you have to replace the EGR too, although the guy I used to test the system yesterday said he has NEVER heard of having to do that before!!!)

I've just driven it 35 miles back, and all seems ok so far...on town driving and motorway..they said if the software was going to affect the EGR, then it would do so immediately, causing 'kangerooing'.

Just need to now see if it cures the other issues. If not (and i'll know within a week I guess), then I'll try replacing the board that Pugcit has kindly found for me!

Pugcit - will let you know - if problem re-occurs, then I have no option than to go for your suggestion and kind offer. (I'll need some simple destructions on how to!!) Do you have a contact number (guessing your operating a business)?

Thanks
Hey thats good news lets hope you dont need to speand more and your all sorted

Yeah call us on 01282 777 714 ask for Nathan

About the Egr being swapped thats a new one on me but makes sense lol
darren407 likes this.
Old 14-07-11, 02:28 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Hey thats good news lets hope you dont need to speand more and your all sorted

Yeah call us on 01282 777 714 ask for Nathan

About the Egr being swapped thats a new one on me but makes sense lol

Thanks mate - will stay in touch as you might be my only hope !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in