ECU map download? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-17, 09:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default ECU map download?

Hi, I know it's a long shot but I have downloaded my ECU map onto my laptop. Problem is the code in WINols is garbage to my brain so i was thinking:
a. Can someone point me in the right direction to find the EGR and DPF code so I can delete the DPF/EGR out or
b. Suggest a website where I can download a MAP already sorted...

I'm about to blank my EGR and have already drilled out the DPF, I really need to stop the daft car from trying to regen. (and the fan running on for ages).

407Hal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-03-17, 10:20 PM   #2

Depends on engine type/size, ecu type and software version. The switches move around.

If its a 1.6 you also need significant mods to the map or you will get turbo spikes and other issues
Old 14-03-17, 10:58 PM   #3
Inactive User

Sorry, I left out some important info.
The car is a 2004 1.6hdi, with Bosch EDC16C3

Old 18-03-17, 05:58 PM   #4

I'm in the same boat at the moment. Just downloaded my ecu bin file and I'm trying to get to grips with Winols. I think the previous owner removed the egr but I can't find the egr in similar files for the same car either. Saw a map that looked like an egr map but it was upside down.

I downloaded a bin file for the same car, same year, same ecu hardware number (281011633) and the files look totally different!

Here's a link to my file if you want to compare it to yours and see if they're similar, you might see a gap where the egr is supposed to be.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...lYzTmQtQ1VJTE0

Winols is a bit of a pain but I don't think there's anything better out there..

My car is running fine except for an esp light, that I suspect might be due to a botched egr removal, but I could be totally wrong.
Old 20-03-17, 09:46 PM   #5
Inactive User

Files look totally different! Loads more data in your file. Would like to put both readouts together for a proper look but can only run one program at a time. :-(
Might wing it and download your code to my ECU and see if it starts!

Problem I have is my turbo is not spooling up properly, I think it's running dry, it turns with fingertips but doesn't 'spin'. Also the VNT limit screw has fallen out.
Does the nightmare ever end?
Arghhh.
Old 21-03-17, 07:59 AM   #6

Software versions also need to match or you will brick ecu

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Old 21-03-17, 04:51 PM   #7

Yea, I wouldn't flash another file unless the software and hardware versions were exactly the same and most of the maps look the same too. As far as I know the files taken from the car with MPPS is only a part of the whole file, the writable part. The rest of the code doesn't get downloaded, so the 'code' would be looking at the wrong addresses for maps etc.. To get a full download of the ecu you need BDM100, as far as I know.

You can compare two files in WINOLS, just drag and drop the second file in to the project and you can use the 'compare windows' function. I've been doing that with a file that I downloaded that has all the map names entered, same hardware version but a different software version. I can match up some of the maps by offsetting the two windows.
Old 21-03-17, 04:55 PM   #8

This is the file if you want to take a look..
PSA EDC16C34 Damos : Damos, Mappacks & A2L | ecuedit.com
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in