Ebay Key re-sync - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-16, 12:13 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Serbia
Posts: 92
Default Ebay Key re-sync

Hello

Recently i've bought a key with electronics inside, and a virgin imobiliser, Because it has arrived on saturday and was so impatient that i wanted to make the key work, i've removed my blade from my original key, and tried to reprogram both of the key's using Diagbox, i started by entering code from the card, and after reprograming both key's, there was no error about immobiliser on the dash. After following the re-sync procedure told by diagbox, i re-programed my original key, and (as always) it is still unlocking the car using remote, but the cheap Chinese key is Actually just sending the signal but not unlocking the car ( Non can bus sidelight, so i can see, that they bright, bsi also makes a relay sound) But the car does not unlock, i have i trying to put the key in the ignition and rotate it to ACC Position and hold lock key for 15 seconds, but it didn't help, a have also tried with opening the bonnet and removing + terminal from the battery, that didn't work either.
Any idea how to sync it so that i can unlock the car using the bought Chinese key ?

Thanks!
Dzony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 31-10-16, 01:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
trustme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bradford
Posts: 4,776
Default

When you turn ignition on before you press abs hold turn it on all the way to the position before you start it then press and hold lock button

If that don't work then the cheap eBay key don't work and that is the exact reason I don't buy them on ebay
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-10-16, 02:11 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Serbia
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
When you turn ignition on before you press abs hold turn it on all the way to the position before you start it then press and hold lock button

If that don't work then the cheap eBay key don't work and that is the exact reason I don't buy them on ebay
I know that it's my fault for buying a cheap chinesee key, today i went to local car key's guy, and he cut the key to suit my car, he also told me that 407 doesn't have a groove in the key, and that that's the reason most likely because the remote is not working (mine had it ) had to replace the blade, not same frenquency or something like that, and that most likely the key is for some other car for example (207,308).

but, he also told me that there is a way, to copy the code from one key to other, so that the board iside the my key is the same in one that i have bought from aliexpress, but that can't be done using PP2000, it requires some other tool, that can scan my chip inside my key, and make the same code on the other chip in chinnese key.

Thanks for your advice for syncing but it is not working..

If anyone on the forum knows how to fix this, it would be really helpful for me and all other people who are actually trying to program a cheap key.

Thanks.
Dzony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 31-10-16, 02:44 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
trustme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bradford
Posts: 4,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzony View Post
I know that it's my fault for buying a cheap chinesee key, today i went to local car key's guy, and he cut the key to suit my car, he also told me that 407 doesn't have a groove in the key, and that that's the reason most likely because the remote is not working (mine had it ) had to replace the blade, not same frenquency or something like that, and that most likely the key is for some other car for example (207,308).

but, he also told me that there is a way, to copy the code from one key to other, so that the board iside the my key is the same in one that i have bought from aliexpress, but that can't be done using PP2000, it requires some other tool, that can scan my chip inside my key, and make the same code on the other chip in chinnese key.

Thanks for your advice for syncing but it is not working..

If anyone on the forum knows how to fix this, it would be really helpful for me and all other people who are actually trying to program a cheap key.

Thanks.
if you tell me the last 8 of your vin number i can get a price on a remote key for you

btw im a vehicle locksmith and i can tell you that there is no way to get the key working because its the wrong one
__________________
Great deals on car keys contact me 07599587119
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-10-16, 03:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
storeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oldham, UK
Posts: 5,905
Default

As trustme says - if the key is the wrong one then it will always be the wrong one. Your locksmith guy was correct in saying that there are machines that can clone a key but the clone has the pre-requisite of having to be the correct key type.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-10-16, 07:37 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Serbia
Posts: 92
Default

Well for now i can unlock the car mechanically, and start it, since the key is programed in bsi, but no remote.. Well, i guess i will just have to live with that for some time, in our local shop new key is about 120 euros and they guaranty that remote is going to work, and everything is going to be fine.

Anyway, my idea was to get a spare key, in case something happens to this one since i got only one when i bought the car...

So it is now even possible to clone the key ?
Guy that i have bought the key from, told me that he could refund me, but it's not that big deal, i mean i still get the key to start the car if nothing else.

Thanks for your time to reply guys!
Dzony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-16, 01:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
trustme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bradford
Posts: 4,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzony View Post
Well for now i can unlock the car mechanically, and start it, since the key is programed in bsi, but no remote.. Well, i guess i will just have to live with that for some time, in our local shop new key is about 120 euros and they guaranty that remote is going to work, and everything is going to be fine.

Anyway, my idea was to get a spare key, in case something happens to this one since i got only one when i bought the car...

So it is now even possible to clone the key ?
Guy that i have bought the key from, told me that he could refund me, but it's not that big deal, i mean i still get the key to start the car if nothing else.

Thanks for your time to reply guys!
i may be able to supply a remote for cheaper but i need your vin number to check

you can clone a key yes (meaning the transponder part that starts the car) but you can not clone a Peugeot remote not any way that i know of anyway
__________________
Great deals on car keys contact me 07599587119
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-16, 07:49 PM   #8
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 31
Default

Thats all you can do with aliexpress keys. Start stop the car. They are originally for 307 and don't fit 407s lock/unlock pattern fine. I haven't found a cheap chinese key that works with a 407 for locking/unlocking.
maxxymilian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.