DTCs on my 407 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-11-11, 01:17 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default DTCs on my 407

Got the following codes and just need some confirmation please, and any recomendations on fixes.
0238 - turbo booste sensor A pressure high.
1351 - glow plugs or relay
1403/1404 engine coolant heater/relay
1445 - max addative level in the particulate filter.
1446 - tank level low, this was refiled a year ago and Im not getting warning its low again.

Car is a Taxi and I have been putting fuel in each day, I have now stopped doing this after finding out this will increase my Elios fluid use.
many thanks.

Last edited by bryan407sw; 28-11-11 at 01:19 AM.
bryan407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-11-11, 07:13 AM   #2
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan407sw View Post
Car is a Taxi and I have been putting fuel in each day, I have now stopped doing this after finding out this will increase my Elios fluid use.
Eolys fluid I believe is dosed to how much fuel is actually put in... didn't think it puts in a set amount, and therefore putting fuel in every day shouldn't make any difference. I stand to be corrected if someone knows otherwise
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-11, 08:02 AM   #3

No-matter how many times you fill the eloys fluid if you don`t reset the counters it will not be seen.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-11-11, 08:13 AM   #4
Inactive User

fluid was filled and counters reset buy my local Pug main dealer and Ive not had any warnings about it since. I thought 1445 was showing that it was being put in too much, but could this mean that it has had the pre set maximum put into it and it should be replaced. Im surprised about tank level low code too, as it had done 90,000 miles b4 the warning came up on the dash and has done only about 35,000 milles since.
Old 28-11-11, 08:43 AM   #5
Inactive User

Got exactly the same codes coming up on a 607.
Was it read with peugeot planet as a snap on scanner came up with the same descriptions as yours, but PP had different descriptions?
Fluid low, turbo boost pressure too high, and cat temp sensors
danthevan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-11, 09:37 AM   #6
Inactive User

not read with Planet, an ELM scan tool, Gandan Hand Hald, Snap on Solus Pro and a Launch Master.
Old 28-11-11, 10:23 AM   #7
CAB

I'd clear the bottom two faults to see if they come back, I'd guess that when the additive was topped up dealer only reset one of the counters, seems most dealers do this instead of resetting both.

So resetting counters one and two may be worth a try as long as your sure there's fluid in additive tank.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-11, 07:31 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
I'd clear the bottom two faults to see if they come back, I'd guess that when the additive was topped up dealer only reset one of the counters, seems most dealers do this instead of resetting both.

So resetting counters one and two may be worth a try as long as your sure there's fluid in additive tank.
Cleared all codes after I posted this and the 1445/1446 have not reappeared, so I've reset both of the counters tonight, hope that's the end of those 2 codes.

Last edited by bryan407sw; 07-12-11 at 08:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in