Driver's window not winding down - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-16, 07:48 PM   #1

Default Driver's window not winding down

I have a strange issue with my 407HDi SW driver's window.

It will wind down to about half way and then stop. It will not wind down any further. It winds up again with no problem. It does not seem to be sticking in any way in the channels, it seems free even when it has stopped at the half way point. I have done a search but didn't find any possible problems/solutions to this issue.

Does it have a limiter switch or some sort of other gismo that is stopping it thinking it is fully down? Or has something failed?

I am going to try to figure out how to get the door panel off without destroying it, I see 2 screws holding it on the outer reveal. Is there one under the window switch panel like the 406 has?
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-16, 10:09 PM   #2

Ok, I managed to get the panel off, bit of a pain but not difficult.

There is a screw under the rubber in the storage hole in the window switch unit. Once the 3 screws were removed, levering the panel off at the bottom, then releasing the clips on the sides, and then lifting the panel off the bottom so that the panel released from the internal door handle and getting enough angle to lift off the 2 retaining clips right at the top had it off. Dont forget to unplug the light under the panel too..

The problem was a bit of hard foam/plastic had come adrift and was jamming the window when it came down. Have no idea what purpose it serves but fixed it back in place and secured it with a bit of contact glue and a cable tie. It seems to have been secure with some sort of a clip which was missing in action. Anyway, window is back to working.

1st pic shows the foamy bit as I found it, second shows where it should have been.
Attached Thumbnails
p1060677.jpg   p1060678s.jpg  
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in