Drivers door barrel popped out HELP! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-16, 08:24 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default SOLVED: Drivers door barrel popped out HELP!

The barrel was a bit loose but never came out, this morning was heavy frost anyway was driving and when i locked my door the barrel popped out but not all the way its caught by something but it still opens/locks my car!
Please help its like a clip broke? i push it in but if i lightly pull it back it comes back out with ease but catches at the end. Afraid someone might see and attempt robbery!

Fixed!
Adjuster screw fell out some how, got new screw and bayum its fixed The adjuster screw is when you open the door its where the lock for locking the door is (pull handle it opens door, push it shut it catches on that metal hinge thing -> Thats where your looking (Not at the car frame part but on the door))

Last edited by irishwill200; 15-02-16 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Solved
irishwill200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-16, 08:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwill200 View Post
The barrel was a bit loose but never came out, this morning was heavy frost anyway was driving and when i locked my door the barrel popped out but not all the way its caught by something but it still opens/locks my car!
Please help its like a clip broke? i push it in but if i lightly pull it back it comes back out with ease but catches at the end. Afraid someone might see and attempt robbery!
take the inside door card off and look for the clip it'll probably be in the bottom of the door...and refit if possible,if its too loose perhaps a new one(clip) from peugeot
NeilH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-16, 08:34 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
take the inside door card off and look for the clip it'll probably be in the bottom of the door...and refit if possible,if its too loose perhaps a new one(clip) from peugeot
How much is this clip? Would it have broke or come loose? Thanks!

P.s: Is there any tutorials on taking the door panel off?

Last edited by irishwill200; 10-02-16 at 08:38 AM.

Old 10-02-16, 09:51 AM   #4

You just get a plastic tool that has a forked end (try Halfords or plenty on EBay). First unscrew any screws (door pull, etc and round the edges) and pop out the door release surround. Then work around the edges of the card with the tool, and when you feel a fastener, get the fork either side of it and lever it out.

When it's all loose, lift the card so that the top disengages from the metal door frame.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-16, 03:16 PM   #5
Inactive User

Yeah my barrel popped out fully into my hand it has a round circle like a ball on the end of it, popped out when car is unlocked. I will try pop the side off this weekend, for now i will drive without. Thanks!
If in need of more assistance i will let yous know, much appreciated.
Old 15-02-16, 02:19 PM   #6
Inactive User

Fixed! Turned out the adjuster nut (on the side of when you open the door) fell out and i had to get a new screw. Simple fix!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in