dpf warning possible risk for clogging - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tonny407
  • 1 Post By rwb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-18, 08:37 AM   #1

Default dpf warning possible risk for clogging

Hi, my 407sw (2009) diesel warns for possible risk of dfp clogging.
I added diesel partikel filter cleaning fluid to a tank of diesel but no result 😞

Anyting else i can do/try other than a trip to the workshop??

Thnx
Tonny
Limousin likes this.
tonny407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-18, 08:43 AM   #2
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

AFAIK either something is preventing it from doing a regen or it's clogged with additive and must therefore be replaced.

How it works: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/1306802-post2.html
Limousin likes this.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-18, 05:10 PM   #3

Thank you Admin for the add.

My 407 has just started showing the same warning message. The local (French) dealership have assessed it, and say that they could not do a regeneration of the DPF, and we must replace the DPF (at huge cost). I have had it looked at today at a British owned garage, who have done the regeneration, and topped up the fluid. However, they canít reprogram the ECU to tell it the regeneration has been done, so the warning is still showing. The car is driving normally, but the Peugeot dealer warns that in time we might begin to get a loss of power and other issues. Did you get your problem sorted out?
Limousin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-18, 06:13 PM   #4

Pretty much the same story. The garage here in Sweden refilled the fluid but could not clear the warning. They checked the emission and all is fine.
My wife has the car now for a trip to the netherlands and probably ask there a second opinion.
My obd2 interface also says all is well but truth be told, is a minimal featured tool. A co-worker offered to bring his laptop and obd inferface and have a look as well.

So, not solved, but no indication of a serious failure either an still options left to explore😁
Old 11-07-18, 10:03 PM   #5

You need Peugeot Planet to tell the car you have refilled the fluid and/or replaced the particle filter.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-07-18, 10:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGK View Post
You need Peugeot Planet to tell the car you have refilled the fluid and/or replaced the particle filter.
Correct I did it,just went and set that dpf was replaced and the warning was gone, but still you should check for the state of the dpf because if its clogged turbo will blow out...(as mine did)

If you mostly drive it on highway it should be good for a while but if it is in city driving mostly then I dont think its safe to push it over 220.000km

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
neecola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-07-18, 12:40 PM   #7

You should get Peugeot Planet on to it to also find out what it thinks is wrong with the system. With the age of these cars, it is coming up on that time when the DPF unit will need to be replaced
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-07-18, 06:05 PM   #8

Friend of my lend me his delphi tool.
Reset a few fields, acknowledged the fluid is refueld, forced re-generation...... done😁
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in