DPF Removal - The Verdict - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-11, 05:18 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default DPF Removal - The Verdict

About four days ago i had my DPF removed and had my 1.6 HDi 110 remapped to around 125 bhp. At first i was thoroughly unimpressed as the car didnt seem much different and in fact was poorer on fuel economy going down from an average of 44.7 to under 40 mpg. Then it started regenerating which of course it shouldnt be when the dpf is removed so my mapper took the car into a local indie who reset all the parameters on the dpf through planet which stopped the 'particulate filter regeneration urgent' message id had up on the dash for the last ten months. That sorted the car completely and now its like someone has put a 2.0 136 under the bonnet!!! The car is flying, is massively smoother and its fuel economy is now reading just under 48mpg from the last two days of all town driving (im a taxi driver).

All i can say is if your having problems with your dpf, regenerations or simply want to give your 407 a new lease of life then get this done. Its the single biggest improvemnt you could ever make to your motor.
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-05-11, 05:43 PM   #2
jmkent

Just mind the insurance companies..... if you tell them!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 05:46 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasteeno View Post
About four days ago i had my DPF removed and had my 1.6 HDi 110 remapped to around 125 bhp. At first i was thoroughly unimpressed as the car didnt seem much different and in fact was poorer on fuel economy going down from an average of 44.7 to under 40 mpg. Then it started regenerating which of course it shouldnt be when the dpf is removed so my mapper took the car into a local indie who reset all the parameters on the dpf through planet which stopped the 'particulate filter regeneration urgent' message id had up on the dash for the last ten months. That sorted the car completely and now its like someone has put a 2.0 136 under the bonnet!!! The car is flying, is massively smoother and its fuel economy is now reading just under 48mpg from the last two days of all town driving (im a taxi driver).

All i can say is if your having problems with your dpf, regenerations or simply want to give your 407 a new lease of life then get this done. Its the single biggest improvemnt you could ever make to your motor.
how did you remove your dpf, did you drill a hole, or remove it completely, or did you use a bypass pipe?

ive done the physical work but i still need to do the remapping and peugeot planet work on it......why did you increase the bhp?

thanks
joey.davro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 24-05-11, 07:33 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey.davro View Post
how did you remove your dpf, did you drill a hole, or remove it completely, or did you use a bypass pipe?

ive done the physical work but i still need to do the remapping and peugeot planet work on it......why did you increase the bhp?

thanks
DPF is still on though as far as i know its been drilled and all sensors still connected though its now all switched off. The remapping was done firstly to tell the car it no longer had a dpf and then i opted for the mid tune remap which combines improved torque and mpg. TBH getting rid of the dpf is probably the biggest improvement but combined with a map the car just feels so different and 'free' from its previous constraints. Its soooooo much better than it was. I suppose increasing the bhp was done just because its possible though i didnt opt for the bhp map which increases it to 140bhp as i felt that was stupid on a six year old car with 129K on the clock.
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 07:55 PM   #5

am a little confused about the parameters on the FAP do you mean reset the FAP counter? as i would have thought it would be wipped after the FAP software was removed, do you know what your counter was at before it was wipped?
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 08:03 PM   #6
Inactive User

Did you do all the remapping work yourself? The thing is I am at the stage where I need to the computer work, I'm getting Peugeot planet and I have galletto... I just need some advice on what settings my car needs and how to do it, I have a 307 hdi 1.6 110bhp 55' plate......any advice?
joey.davro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 08:21 PM   #7

Before remap all counters have to be reset and if possible the filter to be replaced through planet (not physically) and all fault codes erased ,
once the car is mapped/dpf off it will carry faults through to new map if not erased ,
this does not happen everytime but its a sure way of not having problems after work is carried out.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 08:30 PM   #8
Inactive User

hi is any problem by law if removed dpf in uk or is ok on MOT?
Old 24-05-11, 08:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by magma1974 View Post
hi is any problem by law if removed dpf in uk or is ok on MOT?
Ok for mot as long as you leave cat
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 08:43 PM   #10
chopper1192

The diesel emissions test is a smoke test, and the cat makes no difference - remove at will, and continue to fly through MOTs.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in