Does the RT3 have any support for upgrading to bluetooth? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-11, 04:17 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Does the RT3 have any support for upgrading to bluetooth?

I have the RD4 which has bluetooth but I really want built in sat nav so was looking at my options.

The Rt3 has a sim card slot but there is no way i want to be messing with taking sim out of phone (and my carrier wont clone sim). So I was wondering if there is an option to upgrade an RT3 to support bluetooth?

If not is there any other sat nav unit that supports bluetooth?

I would go for an aftermarket system but need to keep the screen control for climate control etc. I dont really want to mount the existing peugeot screen on the dash.

I would consider a complete seperate screen mounted somewhere (permenant fixture) with a hidden unit for sat nav but I have been unable to find anything. Ideally I want something for ipod control too that shows on screen.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Last edited by timanfiya; 09-08-11 at 04:19 PM. Reason: error in title
timanfiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-11, 05:28 PM   #2
Inactive User

RNEG (the so called RT5) unit has BT module, so it should do what you want. I was looking at same solution, but its too pricy for me at the moment, so best of luck, and if you take the plunge keep the documentation on it, so some of us could use your knowledg.e
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-11, 07:53 PM   #3
Inactive User

for rt3 just external t module like parrot

Old 11-08-11, 08:33 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlestar View Post
RNEG (the so called RT5) unit has BT module, so it should do what you want. I was looking at same solution, but its too pricy for me at the moment, so best of luck, and if you take the plunge keep the documentation on it, so some of us could use your knowledg.e

Have you any idea what the cost is for this unit? Does it have cabability for ipod and will it fit a 2006 model?

Cheers
Old 11-08-11, 09:26 PM   #5
jmkent

Peugeot have plenty of details about it on their website, perhaps just drop them an email and ask for a price.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-11, 09:38 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
Peugeot have plenty of details about it on their website, perhaps just drop them an email and ask for a price.
Have just taken a look and emailed them for advice of fitting and prices for supply only and supply and fit.

The RT5 is just what i'm after as it has 10GB music storage and also supports ipod and other AV inputs.

I must say though, I very much like th NG4 3D too, but not sure that would be possible as the screen folds down into the top of dash. Nice looking kit though. Will post back with Peugeots response.
Old 11-08-11, 09:42 PM   #7
Inactive User

Mate, from what i saw on the ebay prices vary anywhere from 700 eur to 1100 eur. Its quite a price unfortunately, but its damn sweet if you ask me
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-11, 09:48 PM   #8
jmkent

Can't see it being cheap.... they selling screens alone for £295 on eBay
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-11, 10:18 PM   #9
Inactive User

Yeah, quite pricey, I imagine more pricy coming direct from peugeot. I'd go for a third party one if it was for needing the screen functions. But yeah, nice kit.
Old 15-08-11, 05:01 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi guys, just an update for you on what Peugeot have said which is unfortunate news but they seem to be saying it's a no go for putting an RT5 in a 407. I emailed 2 different dealers and these were the responses:

1)

"I have spoken to our master technician & he has informed me that the different radio units are not interchangeable so it is not possible to upgrade the system with Peugeot equipment.
Thanks for your enquiry."

2)

"Thank you for contacting Perrys Peugeot Bolton regarding your enquiry.

I have spoken to our Master Technician, and he does not recommend upgrading the system in the way you have suggested. He said the NG4 system will not work as you rightly suggested yourself, but he does not actually think the RT5 system would be compatible either.

To put some perspective on this, there are 10 different head unit options just for RT5 and over 20 head unit options for NG4, so to try and ensure firstly the correct one, and to then try and make that unit work with your existing componentry would be extremely difficult, thatís not to say itís not possible, but as itís not something that Peugeot officially offer itís not something we could get involved with Iím afraid.

As far as prices go, a ball park figure for the RT5 head unit is £1601.39 + vat, and the screen is £1095.78 + vat, so you can see, at £3236.60 inc VAT, then plus fitting and experimental diagnostic work, and the map disc also, at between £150 - £200, it is prohibitively expensive to say the least.

I hope this helps in your decision making, but if you need any further assistance donít hesitate to give me a call."

I am currently asking them for info on removing the RD4 and the effect of display functions (eg climate control) and asking for advise on changing to any other equipment. So far all I have got back is that Peugeot don't supply info on interchanging units and the only info they have is for the original equipment for the vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in