Display and CD Player/radio-2005 407 2.0 SW - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-03-19, 11:14 AM   #1

Default Display and CD Player/radio-2005 407 2.0 SW

Hi, I was wondering if any one knows if it is possible to upgrade the orange display (centre console) to the Peugeot colour display & radio/cd player? If so what will I need?

If I was to upgrade to an aftermarket media centre, would it have to be a 1din or would a 2din also fit? It looks like their are more options with a 2din media centre.

Lastly, has any one had any experience with the Chinese media centre's; or can anyone recommend a descent unit that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks in advance.
Citywizard
Citywizard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-03-19, 05:21 PM   #2

I believe you just need the colour screen and reprogramming the BSI to tell it what it is.

However if you want to go aftermarket, that's where it becomes complicated. The chinese units are the easiest way... however known to have a few bugs.

Something from Alpine etc, you can use the standard orange screen but then you have to buy an adaptor to use it and somehow mount it somewhere.

I'm in the opposite boat, I have an RT4 with sat nav screen and want to go down the Alpine route BUT I need to somehow connect the standard screen into the car somehow.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-03-19, 06:24 PM   #3

Default Display

Interesting! I came across this unit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Androi...AAAOSwcnZcAJti

According to them it is a matter of just plug and play.

Old 26-03-19, 06:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citywizard View Post
Interesting! I came across this unit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Androi...AAAOSwcnZcAJti

According to them it is a matter of just plug and play.
People have had problems with those, my son in law is gathering parts to change from rt4 to Android, which involve relocating the small screen up into a binacle on the centre airvents, someone else has already done this so Its just really a case of getting all parts then finding the time.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-03-19, 06:53 PM   #5

Default Display

I messaged them to ask if their display will display the car functions that would be on the replaced orange display and they said it does and once fitted the orange display is not needed.
Old 26-03-19, 07:09 PM   #6

Quote:
I messaged them to ask if their display will display the car functions that would be on the replaced orange display and they said it does and once fitted the orange display is not needed.
Yep I know.son in law currently doesn't have small orange display as his is the larger sat nav setup,he wants to install android tablet AND the small display so he can use stalk etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 26-03-19, 10:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trem1 View Post
Yep I know.son in law currently doesn't have small orange display as his is the larger sat nav setup,he wants to install android tablet AND the small display so he can use stalk etc

That's exactly what I want to do. How does the little orange screen connect to the car?
Old 27-03-19, 07:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGK View Post
That's exactly what I want to do. How does the little orange screen connect to the car?
Needs the wiring,ill sort some info out and get back

Old 27-03-19, 09:04 AM   #9

Default Orange display screen

As far as I am aware, if you replace it with the bigger satnav screen the satnav screen will display the information normally displayed on the orange screen so you won't need it. If you replace the radio/cd player with a 2din after market unit, you keep the orange display but you have to adapt the fascia/trim to remove the little shelf under the display. When the shelf and the radio/cd unit are gone you then have place for a 2din after market unit. Another way is to keep it a 1din unit with a flip out screen.

Please if any of the above is incorrect please correct me.
Old 27-03-19, 11:28 AM   #10

Quote:
As far as I am aware, if you replace it with the bigger satnav screen the satnav screen will display the information normally displayed on the orange screen so you won't need it. If you replace the radio/cd player with a 2din after market unit, you keep the orange display but you have to adapt the fascia/trim to remove the little shelf under the display. When the shelf and the radio/cd unit are gone you then have place for a 2din after market unit. Another way is to keep it a 1din unit with a flip out screen.

Please if any of the above is incorrect please correct me.
That's the way it is supposed to work.... but in practice many people have had an issue doing it this way. The chinese units don't work sometimes with all the features AND the most important feature, visual parking sensor display doesn't show at all. Then also I would rather have an Alpine ILX 9" screen, which should just work better and look better.

In Japan they sold the 407 with the orange screen on a binnacle above the centre vents. My plan is to buy the binnacle. If that fails, I will custom mould it into another location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in