Diesel Heater - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-03-13, 10:36 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Diesel Heater

Hiya guys

So I got a 407 from 2007 with a diesel heater which works okay (comes alot of smoke from it, and by judeging peugeots poor engineering work placing the cabin air intake so close to the outlet of the heater was a poor dicision but thats for another day)

I was wondering if its possible to trigger it to start without actully starting the car? (currently I need to start it to get the heater to run) From what I've figured there is no such possibility?
joelkaberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-13, 11:59 PM   #2
Inactive User

it would more than likely chew your battery if you did this. Think of a heater in your house...It will need 13amps (which is a lot) and on a battery can be very demanding since they only give 12.5v at best.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-03-13, 10:49 AM   #3

My car has this heater.

I have just turned off the autostart by disabling the additional heater ECU in the BSI and will only be using manual start by use of the small timer control thing I have inside the cabin.

Mine looks like this:
WEBASTO STANDHEIZUNG VORWAHLUHR 1533 | eBay

But afaik you can also mount other types like the remote control ones etc.
I'm not sure if you need to mofidy some other wiring to make the inside cabin fan start, but on mine it is done, and the way I can know it is that the temperature inside cabin always resets to 21 deg C everytime I start the car (can be annoiying....) but that's at least an indication of that the mod is done and it will start the cabin fan.

Reason for why I have turned it off is that I'm investigating how much of the diesel consumption is caused by the heater...

And I havent got any problems with heat today, -5C outside, but I supose on -20C days I preferably can run the webasto for about 30 minutes before I shall use it.

It is no problems battery wise to run it for 30 minutes before start, done it a lot of times and it cranks just fine. It only uses a bit of power for the cabin fan, and for the diesel and water circulation pumps.
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
B1ack__Mi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-03-13, 12:28 PM   #4

Btw. some tech spec sheet on the heater itself:
http://www.lrch.nl/sites/default/fil...ermo_Top_V.pdf
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
B1ack__Mi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in