depollution system faulty - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-14, 11:05 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question depollution system faulty

hi all,had my 407SW 1.6hdi 110bhp remapped because now and then it came up with 'depollution system faulty' ,i have removed the contents of the dpf filter,and been led to believe the remapp also deleted dpf and egr.
but traveling on the motorway today for the first time since,again it came up with the same fault and also the engine management light came on.i thought this couldnt happen again after remap?,so can anyone advise me as to what may be the problem and/or the solution please?

thanks in advance.
shaunyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-14, 08:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunyboy View Post
hi all,had my 407SW 1.6hdi 110bhp remapped because now and then it came up with 'depollution system faulty' ,i have removed the contents of the dpf filter,and been led to believe the remapp also deleted dpf and egr.
but traveling on the motorway today for the first time since,again it came up with the same fault and also the engine management light came on.i thought this couldnt happen again after remap?,so can anyone advise me as to what may be the problem and/or the solution please?

thanks in advance.
the solution is to get a diagnostic using Planet or Diagbox
Old 06-11-14, 08:37 AM   #3

its possible the dpf wasnt the issue before

did you get the dpf turned off in planet?

Old 06-11-14, 10:11 AM   #4

Quote:

thanks in advance.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...members-83170/
Old 07-11-14, 01:36 PM   #5
Inactive User

I had mine remapped due to DPF fault so had removed with map, but was still having some issues later on. I then blanked the EGR valves and another map later is fine.

No faults since, but was told by guy that depolution fault can be caused by a lot of things.
Old 11-11-14, 01:55 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygilmore View Post
I had mine remapped due to DPF fault so had removed with map, but was still having some issues later on. I then blanked the EGR valves and another map later is fine.

No faults since, but was told by guy that depolution fault can be caused by a lot of things.
yes had dpf deleted with remap and egr programmed closed,asumed anything to do with depollution,regenerating etc would be solved by remap and never have any more probs with that side of things??
Old 11-11-14, 01:56 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9120 View Post
its possible the dpf wasnt the issue before

did you get the dpf turned off in planet?
yes he said dpf deleted and egr mapped closed?
Old 11-11-14, 02:15 PM   #8
Inactive User

ok guys,have had the car scanned and this is what it has thrown up,cleared the codes,will run around for a couple of days and have it rescanned to see if anything shows up again?

P1403

P1404

P1351

P0238

depolution system faulty came up on motorway as i said,as if when it was trying to regenerate the dpf (removed contents of dpf and its suppose to be deleted from ecu)

am i wrong in asuming when you have it remapped that it suppose to remove /delete anything to do with the regeneration process so as to not get trouble with that side of things again?,or have i had a bad remap etc?,cheers
Old 11-11-14, 02:15 PM   #9

Quote:
yes he said dpf deleted and egr mapped closed?
you need to get it on planet/diagbox to see what the faults are
Old 11-11-14, 02:29 PM   #10
Inactive User

I have random "depollution system faulty" message on my 136 2.0 hdi! I have had mine on diag and had it read on separate occasions and the following things seem to intermittently appear (regardless of how many times cleared)
1 > Fuel pump relay stuck open circuit or switching to fast when ignition turned off (stage 1) intermittent

2 > Turbo Overboost

not sure why I get these faults and never have gotten to the bottom of it, but I could end up chasing it forever! Occasionally on longer drives it has a very slight stutter unless driven very hard but doesn't smoke, starting to wish I never bought it lol
chompy_snake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in