Depollution filter issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-12, 01:20 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Depollution filter issue

Hi folks,

Was a member of the 407owners forum but there seems to be a virus on it according to AVG... I've been trawling through these forums and it seems great!!

The engine warning light comes on each time i go over 3000rpm in 3rd gear on my 407 2.0 HDI. Any idea's why this would happen? It goes off when i switch off the car and leave it for an hour or so.

Also, i think i need a new clutch and DMF - anyone know what the best price is for the parts..

also, my two key fobs have stopped working (buttons inside on the circuit board are worn.. anyone selling the planet LEXIA cables etc?

Thanks again,

mada407
mada407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-12, 02:51 PM   #2
Inactive User

Engine warning light could be fuel filter imo. Had something similar on mine.

Just had my clutch/dmf done and the bits alone where £500. I paid £200 on top for labour
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-12, 03:14 PM   #3
Inactive User

Just had my clutch done too, but for my 206 - standard clutch and DMF.

Came to £800 for both parts and labour (including VAT).
adam_w_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-12, 03:43 PM   #4
Inactive User

These gave me a price of £620 for clutch dmf when i had my 2.0 hdi 407.

Pays to change oil seal as well as they are common togo and make it seam like the clutch is slipping when the temp gets high like motorways or up hill it sprays a fine mist of oil onto clutch but when cold its fine.

Welcome to A1 Clutches - Ring 0121 522 2094 -

http://www.a1-clutches.co.uk/derby.html

Last edited by nige65; 08-01-12 at 03:47 PM.
nige65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-12, 05:52 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default Dpf & lexia pp2000

Hi,

I would remove the dpf completely, ,I just dne mine and it's much better and cheaper in the long and short run! What area are you in, my mate sometimes sells lexia kits but he's in Essex.

You can get new key codes from 'bettyswollocks' on this site.
Ktype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-12, 06:40 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktype View Post
Hi,

I would remove the dpf completely, ,I just dne mine and it's much better and cheaper in the long and short run! What area are you in, my mate sometimes sells lexia kits but he's in Essex.

You can get new key codes from 'bettyswollocks' on this site.
You checked new MOT laws for this year
Old 08-01-12, 08:08 PM   #7
Inactive User

Hmm, does this mean they will not pass anymore, from my understanding as long as they are remapped correctly the emmissions are not affected. My mates one still passed the last mot ok.
Ktype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-12, 08:10 PM   #8

Thats what concerns me nige the mot bit. Best price i saw was eurocarparts with winter promo code they quoted £420 for dmf and clutch kit.
Also look on ebay, seller on there quoting about £2.50 for micro switches and will fit to your key circuit board. You nave to send it off though, could get cloned i guess.

Last edited by sterion75; 08-01-12 at 08:16 PM. Reason: more info saving post space
sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-12, 08:19 PM   #9
Inactive User

Body or vehicle structure and general items

Free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas. No sharp edges likely to cause injury. Towbars for security, condition, inappropriate repairs or modification. Correct operation of 13 pin electrical socket. Speedometer condition and operation. Engine mountings.

Fuel system

No leaks. Security and condition of pipes or hoses. Fuel cap fastens and seals securely. Note the fuel cap will need to be opened. Make sure the key is available.

Exhaust emissions

Vehicle meets the requirements for exhaust emissions, dependent on the age and fuel type of the vehicle.

Exhaust system

Secure. Complete. Catalyst missing where one was fitted as standard. Without serious leaks and is not too noisy.

Seat belts

All the seat belts fitted are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All mandatory seat belts must be in place. Check of the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) for air bags and seat belt pre tensioners.

Seats

Driver's seat can be adjusted. All seats for security and seat backs can be secured in the upright position.

Doors

Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors should open from outside the vehicle. Hinges and catches for security and condition.

Mirrors

Minimum number required, condition and security.

Load security

Boot or tailgate can be secured in the closed position.

Brakes

Condition including inappropriate repairs or modifications, operation and performance (efficiency test). Note the removal of the road wheels and trims are not part of the test. ABS or electronic stability control (ESC) where fitted. Check of the MIL for ABS, electronic stability control, electronic park brake and brake fluid warning.

Tyres and wheels

Condition, security, tyre size and type and tread depth. Spare tyres are not inspected. Note: vehicles first used on or after 1 January 2012 - check of the MIL for tyre pressure monitoring.

Registration plates

Condition, security, colour, characters correctly formed and spaced.

Lights

Condition, operation including HID and LED headlamps for cleaning, self levelling and security. Headlamp aim. Main beam warning light.

Bonnet

Securely latches in the closed position.

Wipers and washers

Operate to give the driver a clear view ahead.

Windscreen

Condition and driverís view of the road.

Horn

Correct operation and of suitable type.

Steering and suspension

Condition, steering oil level, operation, a check for inappropriate repairs or modification including corrosion to power steering pipes or hoses. Operation of steering lock mechanism. Check of the MIL for electronic power steering and steering lock.

The vehicle identification number (VIN)
Old 09-01-12, 12:00 PM   #10
Inactive User

cheers lads I'm from Louth in Ireland.... might just get rid of the car now as it's expensive in Tax here in Ireland..
mada407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in