Dashboard out? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By waynebrown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-14, 08:30 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Dashboard out?

Right guys someone give me an inclination about how this dashboard comes out please! I have heater issues and I am NOT going to cut the box open to fix ... that's just a nasty repair
Already tried the pen fix ... but lasted 5 minutes after 24 hours to cure, I need to get this dash out to effect a permanent repair and I'm not getting shafted £350 to get it done lol
chompy_snake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-14, 02:20 PM   #2
Inactive User

No matter I went in through the side of the heater box ... If it breaks again I'll get rid of the car due to expense of repair
Old 12-11-14, 06:46 PM   #3

Did Peugeot ever fix the problem of weak air deflectors during the life of the 407.? Is my 2009 model just as likely to have this problem?
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-14, 07:24 PM   #4
Inactive User

pretty sure not as I don't think they ever did anything but a half arsed attempt at strengthened parts (look nearly the same to me) and nearly £80 for the flaps It's a rip off lol ... wouldn't be surprised if the 508 suffers from this too!
If the part is not fit for purpose then it should be on a recall list in my opinion
Old 13-11-14, 10:30 AM   #6

Hi Wayne, I assume all those links with line drawings and instructions come from service box? I've signed up to that but at £20/day to access the repair procedures it is too expensive for my occasional use.

However, If i pay and access the sites can I download the information and save it in say Pdf format? If so a few days access could enable me to copy most of what I would need for general repairs and maintenance. I have a Coupe and I can't find an independent manual anywhere, and the Haynes 407 saloon manual doesn't cover the 2.7hdi engine.

Ian
Old 13-11-14, 06:06 PM   #7

No I just bought the discs from ebay for a tenner. I opened the specific pages and saved them to a public folder in my dropbox account so you could view them. That's why the links within the pages (in red) are dead as you would need to install the program on your own PC for them to work. £20 a day??lol.

Last edited by waynebrown; 13-11-14 at 06:14 PM.
waynebrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-11-14, 06:16 PM   #8

Looks like I'll be checking out Ebay tonight, do the disks cover the entire Peugeot range and are they easy to use?
Old 13-11-14, 06:26 PM   #9

Yes, the whole range (dependant on the year) you can just enter the VIN number and it will bring up manuals for that car, plenty folks on here have it I'm sure.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in