Darn injectors! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By philkerman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-11, 10:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Darn injectors!

As some of you know I did a complete engine change in January this year because number 1 injector was so badly stuck in it ripped the sleeve out of the head. Having taken the head off and tried to get it a new one sweated back in with poor results, unwilling to spend any more time and money on it I bought a complete replacement engine.

Now, since I/we did the change it's been reliable enough but something just didn't seem the same and I've been slowly questing after a fix for it.

Well today while at my dads in his machine shop I managed after many many attempts to remove the sleeve from the injector without damaging it by slowly cutting down the sleeve until I could split it open and my god was it full of shit, no wonder it wouldn't let the injector go!

With some new seals in place I've put my old injectors back in, all four of them and recoded them. These are the only things that I did not actually transplant back, purely because the injectors that came with the new engine had only done 28,000 miles, unlike my old ones which had done 120,000.

Initial testing seems positive, previously around 3400/3500 rpm with the old injectors I'd get a slight but obvious dip in performance which would force you to change up. Should you rev past that you would get another noticeable dip from the 'overboost' disabling at 3750 which incidentally would prevent the car from making any progress what so ever. 110BHP @ 4000rpm? Not even close! So yeah, with the old ones back in that doesn't seem to happen and the overboot feature turning off doesn't seem as blatant.

Now I know someone is going to comment that I shouldn't be driving around revving the bollocks off the car, I don't, but this is a fair and valid test highlighting that something wasn't right.

Oh and then I performed the best mod of all, I waxed her real good, and hoovered her cracks out!!

Let's hope this is the end of those little niggles!

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by philkerman; 17-07-11 at 10:18 PM.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-07-11, 07:44 AM   #2

Can you recode injectors with PLANET or is it something else?
Old 18-07-11, 07:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Can you recode injectors with PLANET or is it something else?
With planet , new parts , injectors , then add the 8 digits on the outside edge on top of injectors ,
Numbered 1 to 4 , standing in front of your car they are numbered from passenger side to drivers side,
then configure , job done ,
hardest part is working out how to put in numbers on your laptop
(you`ll understand when you try)
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-07-11, 08:34 AM   #4
Inactive User

Lexia seems to allow direct input, PP2000 uses F3 and F4.

I can declare that all is now perfect with the car and it made a world of difference being on the older, but original injectors.

Final result of the 260 miles is in the screenshot, I was cruising at 74 for more or less all of it except the 3 hours and 40ish miles it took to clear the m25 at like 10mph!

Suffice to say I've got my bloody car back, absolutely fantastic!

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
2011-07-18-09.11.36.jpg  
bettyswollocks likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by philkerman; 18-07-11 at 08:46 AM.
Old 18-07-11, 04:34 PM   #5
jmkent

If only I could get that sort of fuel economy with the 2.0.... best is 45-50mpg at consistent motorway speed
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-07-11, 04:52 PM   #6
Inactive User

We figured out the whole 74mph thing when doing the 1600 mile trip to the south of Spain, was interesting because 1mph either side and it dipped down a couple of MPG, 70mph only net around 52-53mpg.

It's about time really because I've been getting shafted since January with some seriously shitty economy, like on the way up on the same roads under similar conditions I got 44mpg!

Have a play on the CC and see what is best, 50mph and all that is going to be better I assume, but not practical. It'll certainly have a sweet spot above 70mph, my dads 1.6HDi likes 74mph the same as mine and returns similar figures.

Phil

Old 18-07-11, 06:37 PM   #7
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkerman View Post
Have a play on the CC and see what is best
I got better mpg using cc at 75mph than I did at 70mph on the motorway, but didn't test it with the degree of accuracy you have. I do know with these strong winds we have here at the moment that it kills the fuel economy if trying to drive at the same speed.
Its hard for me to get too good a mpg living where I do, with the best local stuff being 40-43mpg on a decent 40-50mph run. Locally around here very poor in comparison, with my trip showing 39mpg for over the last 2000 miles. I'd hoped for better when buying the 407, but it seems what I'm getting is about right for the 2.0.... its definitely better than the Volvo was and alot better to drive too
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-07-11, 08:33 AM   #8
Inactive User

I know it's a little too early to be coming up with averages, but I've done another 300 odd miles since Monday.

Same route, multiple times but at consistent times of the day driving with a heavy right foot nets me 47.4 up from 32!

Again same as above, but this time driving like a girl pants, light acceleration and changing at 2000rpm or less and using a little braking as possible is coming back as 68.6 up from 39!

Suffice to say I'm finally glad to be returning better numbers, they're also significantly better than before, when I was on the old engine, with no FAP issues. So I think it's pretty fair to say the CAT/FAP removal has made a huge difference!

Phil

Old 08-10-11, 07:43 PM   #9
Inactive User

hi whats do you thinking about flow injector test results is good or not?
Attached Thumbnails
zdj-cie0019.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in