Coupe: Park Assist not very assistive! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-14, 06:14 PM   #1
Inactive User

Cool Coupe: Park Assist not very assistive!

Hi All...,
Have a 2006 407 coupe 2.7 HDI. After 7 months ownership, I finally got 2 faulty parking sensors replaced. Very excited to finally have park assist, I collected the car this afternoon. Imagine my disappointment to discover that its useless! Ive never witnessed the park assist working on the car, so have no idea how it should perform. Anyway, here is what I'm experiencing.

The front sensors only beep when in reveres. When close to something in front, and in DRIVE, the display shows a solid bar which doesn't move. (I had imagined the bar would move closed to the 'birds-eye-view of the car on the display ).

When i engage reverse, i get an audible beep from the front of the car to let me know that theirs something in front of me. when i move back the rear sensors work as they should, but then I have the same issues with the display. Perhaps this is how they are supposed to work? Tho I had imagined that it would be more useful than this?

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks!
Garrath
Garrath407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-14, 08:01 PM   #2

Parking aids are just that aids you should learn the size of your car and use the mirrors
rwb and 407XJR like this.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-14, 08:44 PM   #3
Inactive User

I have parking assist on the back of my car and it is very useful. There are four sensors on my car.

When something is close to the rear side or rear of the car it beeps and these increase in frequency the closer you get to something - until a sold audible beep is heard at which point you are about 10 inches away from something.

Mine is intermittently faulty at the moment and I am missing it working correctly.

Yours sounds like it is not working correctly.
lafemme51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-14, 10:35 PM   #4

I've recently bought a 2009 2.7 hdi Coupe, the parking sensors are very good, both front and rear. The warning is both visual and audible, the visual warning is a series of coloured bars shown on the central display screen against an outline of the car, they warn of central and side obstructions, with an accompanying increasing audible warning.

It looks like you need to go back to the garage where they were fitted and get them to sort it out. Maybe the new sensors need to be programmed or the fault codes cleared.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-14, 08:13 PM   #5
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

I have only rear parking sensors on my 07 saloon.

By default, it beeps once when you put it in reverse, then as you get close to something it starts beeping faster and faster until you get a solid tone at a couple of inches away.

However, using PP2000 you can get this screen enabled:

Admittedly, rear visibility on the 407 is pretty poor and I find the assistance very useful.
Attached Thumbnails
20140116_145015.jpg  
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-14, 09:25 PM   #6

It seems like you have the audio warning working as it should, however, the visual display should activate one bar first then as you get closer to the object the additional bars will illuminate, in the position of the obstruction.

Hope you get it sorted.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-07-14, 03:37 PM   #7
Inactive User

my front sensors work as the rear ones above. so sounds like something aint right! clueless what tho, but i did replace one of mine and it was plug and play no need for coding
cliffo72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-07-14, 03:52 PM   #8
Inactive User

Once you go under a specific speed (I think like 5mph) the front sensors come active, you do not need to put reverse to engage them.
The visual and the audio work and it appears on the satnav screen.

Either things are not enabled properly, most likely someone has disabled things to stop them from beeping if you had faulty sensors there before your ownership, and they messed up with the planet options, hence yours doesnt make much sense I can assume.

PS having read again your message, it does sound to me that one of the front sensors is not working properly, or the wiring is damaged and thinks that there is an obstable too close... or if the sensor is painted it can have the same effect if the layer of paint is too thick

Last edited by Kent407; 22-07-14 at 03:56 PM.
Kent407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-07-14, 04:15 PM   #9
Inactive User

i had one faulty sensor and the whole system wouldnt work at all.........
cliffo72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-07-14, 11:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb View Post

I have this, front and rear. They're pretty good.
Mine likes to panic in traffic when you pull up too close to the car in front
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in