climate is only blowing cold on the passengers side? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-13, 10:24 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default climate is only blowing cold on the passengers side?

Hi all,,
quite new to this forum but have read through quite a lot of helpful hints and tips but not a lot of info on how to get to see if the flaps are broken,, question,, which vent has to come off to look down and see if it a breakage is it the twin vent facing the middle diffuser one or the back one, and how to get it out as I don't want to force anything and start breaking my new 407,,,well 57 reg,,,and is it a pig of a job to get to as ive seen a few youtubes where they've cut a hole in the side of the air box instead of pulling the dash off..any help would be appreciated,,
bobbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-13, 07:24 PM   #2
Inactive User

This is fast becoming every 407s achiles heel. My old one had a broken flap and so does my current one. If its blowing cold its broken plain and simple and I wouldn't bother taking vents out as you still cant see much anyway. Your going to have to either get it fixed properly or cut in the side of the airbox which is what ill be doing after mot in three weeks
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-13, 07:26 PM   #3
CAB

You can get dash out job repair for around the 250ish mark. Not the 's dealers charged.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-13, 07:58 PM   #4

If you're a 407 owner and the original heater flaps have not yet sheared then you are very lucky. Huge fault with these cars, weak crappy bit of thin brittle plastic going from the flap to the motor eventually snaps off at the motor end. My car had this fault when I bought it and I did not know about it but pretty sure the seller did!

From Honest John Website:

8-10-2012: Dual climate control system prone to expensive failure requiring 1,300 - 1,700 parts and labour to fix, which simply won't be worth it. So if buying a 407 check carefully for this problem.

Peugeot 407 2004 - Car Review | Honest John

If you are anywhere near Doncaster or willing to travel there's a garage will fix it for 250 as mentioned by CAB or if feeling brave try the going in the side method or if feeling rich take it to a dealer.
waynebrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-13, 08:00 PM   #5
CAB

Believe one Swansea way has been recommended as well and similar price.

Old 07-10-13, 08:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
Hi all,,
question,, which vent has to come off to look down and see if it a breakage is it the twin vent facing the middle diffuser one or the back one
If you really want to see the damage then you need some torx screwdrivers. Take out the radio then the display panel working your way up to the front vent, unscrew this then you have to prize the twin vents off along with the diffuser (it comes off together) I put a little washing up liquid on the plastic lugs to help. Ease it off gently but firmly, feels like it will snap but it shouldn't. You then have to run the car and centre the direction flaps to blow from front vent only so you can see below them.

This is what I found:

Passenger side was cracked also and snapped off not long after.
Old 07-10-13, 08:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
Believe one Swansea way has been recommended as well and similar price.

That's good to know, fixing the shaft is dead simple, it's just finding someone who knows how to take the dash out and put it back quickly. All a dealer will do is replace the whole heater box and charge 's.

Mine was done in 2 hours from start to finish for a fixed price, 2 men, both sides, no parts just a bit of metal, screws and araldite.

All is not lost.
Old 07-10-13, 10:42 PM   #8
Inactive User

I don't mind having a bash at finding the fault and having a go joe,,would be great Sebasteeno to do a vid or pics of the procedure and give me a novice a fighting chance to do a repair, im in the Gatwick area so not close to garages suggested and the fact I just spend 4 grand on my new purchase thought it was a good price now I know why,,,,
bobbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-13, 06:34 AM   #9
COLINELLIS

Have a search on here, I'm sure there was a how to somewhere.
Old 08-10-13, 07:47 AM   #10

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...2/index14.html
COLINELLIS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in