Climate control and air con issue? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-11, 04:57 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Climate control and air con issue?

Hi all,

With th weather being so much warmer lately I have noticed that my car doesn't seem to be getting very cool when it is hot out.

I set my Climate control to minimum which I think is 13 degrees. At night when it is cooler I feel cool air coming through but in the day when its alot warmer the air coming through is not very cool at all. I have to open the windows to cool down as i'm too hot.

I'm not sure if there is an issue with it or if its just the 13 degrees isn't really that cool.

Is there an actual air con button on the 407 2.0 hdi (136). I was looking to just blast out the aircon without the temp set but all I can seem to do is either have climate on or off by turning blower off.

Cheers, Pete
timanfiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-11, 06:11 PM   #2
Inactive User

Has it been re-gased recentley do you know?
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-11, 07:54 PM   #3
davidireland

Close all the vents except the middle two above the radio. Put the temp up to max.
what is the difference in the temp coming out of the two vents. Is one cold and one hot?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-06-11, 04:25 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasteeno View Post
Has it been re-gased recentley do you know?
Sorry for late reply, I've been away for a while, as far as I know it's not been regassed, not in the past 10 months since i've had it anyway. Will it need regassing? is that what the problem is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Close all the vents except the middle two above the radio. Put the temp up to max.
what is the difference in the temp coming out of the two vents. Is one cold and one hot?
I will check that out when I'm next out and let you know.

Is there no air con button then? Is 13 degrees the lowest I can go? I have noticed when the weather is hot and climate set to minimum on Auto, the blowers are always on full like its trying to cool down the temp but can't.
timanfiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-11, 04:59 PM   #5
Inactive User

get yourself to kwikfit...ask for a air con regas. it will cost 49 if successfull or free if they detect a leak (like mine currently) or if there is no change.

so all in all, it could be very cheap to fix or free for a regas (to point you to another part) or for someone to say you got a leak

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-11, 06:22 PM   #6
jmkent

You can get exactly the same done at Peugeot dealer for 50.... and I'm afraid I know who I would rather trust with the car!

There is air con switch on the 407.... when you have the climate screen on the display, press the OK button and a sub menu will appear on the screen - this is used to switch between simultaneous temp setting of both sides from drivers side, and also switches the air con on or off. If you have the auto button on, then the control will determine whether the air con is required, based on temp setpoint and outdoor temp. You can't make the air con come on, but you can switch it off. If you read the handbook, the numbers don't refer to temp setpoints, but to comfort levels I've had mine regassed and is working better since - best choice is to set it to LO, then put it in Auto, press the button to change where the air comes out to the vent position (little horizontal arrow), and turn the fan position to max - you should go cold.. mine was tested at 20degC outside and 6.7degC coming out the vents when it was regassed last week.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in