clear error light? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-10-11, 01:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default clear error light?

hey all;
had a new EGR fitted to my 407 2.0 petrol on saturday and the ride home was wonderful! no hiccupping or anything.
yesterday the blasted "depollution" light came on again and has been on since! though still no hiccupping and she still drives well!
the garage gave me another MAP sensor to try but that made the car awful to drive again so i went back to the old MAP sensor.
Original fault was flagging up EGR error and also MAP sensor error; so ive ordered a new MAP sensor to fit myself but was wondering if there is any way to clear the warning indication or whether it will clear itself if it is the MAP sensor when i replace it?
just trying to avoid another 60 mile round trip and a week without my beloved new car! last time they gave me a "courtesy" car which was a Daewoo Matiz!! for the life of me i cant figure out where the word "courtesy" fits into giving someone a car like that for week!!!

its no problem really because all the work/parts is being done under warranty; but you know how it is..you have a new car and you want to be driving it! not having it stuck in a garage miles away!! LOL!
figure ill fit a new MAP sensor and get the money back if it works...just wondering if ill need to have the diagnostics cleared to remove the fault or whether it will dissappear automati8cally if the new MAP sensor resolves the issue.
kirisute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-10-11, 02:01 PM   #2

If all is driving fine the light and AP fault message will go out and off after five or six starts. I was doing work on mine last week and forgot to reconnect the MAF sensor electrical plug. I could have cleared the code with PP but I left it and two days after it went off.

However, if there's a problem it will stay on and you'll need a diagnostic.

Maybe the EGR valve is still in learning mode?
Old 17-10-11, 02:27 PM   #3
Inactive User

they have learning modes on EGR valves?
its done a good 120 miles since the new one was fitted.
ah well we will see what the new MAP sensor brings on Wednesday. *fingers crossed*
heard that after 4 or 5 starts a warning light will clear on some systems if the fault is resolved...does that mean just start engine then turn off? or do you have to put key in, start, stop, remove key....or even do all that then drive as well?

Old 17-10-11, 02:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisute View Post
they have learning modes on EGR valves?
its done a good 120 miles since the new one was fitted.
ah well we will see what the new MAP sensor brings on Wednesday. *fingers crossed*
heard that after 4 or 5 starts a warning light will clear on some systems if the fault is resolved...does that mean just start engine then turn off? or do you have to put key in, start, stop, remove key....or even do all that then drive as well?
When I changed my EGR valve I got an error. I hooked up Peugeot Planet and it said "EGR Valve Learning". I cleared the code and all was fine afterwards.

As for the starting and stopping I just drove to work and back, left the car 8 or 16 hours before starting again. I don't know if you can fool it by repeatedly starting the car and turning the ignition off in a short period.
Old 17-10-11, 03:07 PM   #5
Inactive User

thats interesting...wonder if the light will eventually go out when its "learnt"
wonder how long learning is as well....to the internet and mystic world of google i go!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in