Centre arm rest catches? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-11, 10:06 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Centre arm rest catches?

Can anyone tell me?
The centre arm rest, are all the catches spring loaded? Mine has the first catch, to move the arm rest up and forwards, spring loaded. The next two, to open the cd storage, are not sprung at all. should they be? I have fished out a bit of broken plastic from inside that area and was wondering if this was the spring mechanism.
Anyone had it appart? Would appear to be held in place with 4 screws on the underside. Might try to bodge a spring into the catches if they should be sprung.
kirisute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-11, 10:22 PM   #2

Yes they break easily , i took mine apart to fix , fiddly but fixable
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-11, 08:05 AM   #3
Inactive User

am i right in thinking the "spring" is just that U shaped bit of plastic? i have half of that fallen out with a bit broken off...so im presuming that either needs to be glued back into place or a new spring mechanism fitted somehow.
i could probbaly fold a piece of spring metal to refit...how did you fix yours?

EDIT
well pulled it all out this morning and set about a "fix".
super glue and plastic melting didnt work
ended up with an amalgamation of superglue to hold the plastic spring back togteher then packing both sides of it out with my trusty "hot glue" gun. the hot glue is springy enough to allow the spring to work but seems to be holding the piece together suitably for the purpose. not a pretty repeair but seeing as it will never be seen it is good enough for purpose.
the switch is a little tighter to press but it works fine and dandy.

process was:
open storage unit
unscrew four torque screws on underside of arm rest.
remove upper section of armrest; upper section switch comes away with this section,leaving lower switches in place.
main lower switch is held in place by two hinges. gently prise one hinge out and then rotate the switch slightly forwards to disengage the other one. the whole switch unit should come out, leaving the secondary switch (passenger side) still in place.
in my case the plastic spring had broken just beneath the joint to the switch. its shaped like an S on its side. superglue back together, then pack out front and rear of the joint with hot glue.
refit and test.
the repair does make the passenger side switch slightly harder to press but it is acceptable. couldnt find any spares for this unit on servicebox..so its a 10 minute repair.

bit naff drawing but i think its plain enough
hope this help someone else.
Beau M likes this.

Last edited by kirisute; 09-11-11 at 10:35 AM.

Old 09-11-11, 10:21 AM   #4
Inactive User

Mine was broken when i bought it, what i did was take out the cushion, and with hot plastic gun fix in a spring form pen so it leans agains the plastic and the opening button. Works great And its invisible Gonna take pic for you
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-11, 10:26 AM   #5
Inactive User

cheers, just "ninja'd" your post with an edit to mine with my fix. ill post a photo/piccy as well.
Old 09-11-11, 01:22 PM   #6
Inactive User

Fixed mine yesterday

My local breaker had a 407 (1st one I've seen) and I robbed it of the clip !

I got a washer bottle cap,a mirror glass ,a seat switch button ,a catch for the centre console,2 new style clear side repeaters and two pedal rubbers for a fiver

I also got an as new with nobly bits (been in a boot as spare) 215/55/17 Pirelli P7 for 30 (a bit better than 160 each)

Last edited by 407 mad; 09-11-11 at 01:24 PM.
407 mad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-11, 02:44 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407 mad View Post
Fixed mine yesterday

My local breaker had a 407 (1st one I've seen) and I robbed it of the clip !

I got a washer bottle cap,a mirror glass ,a seat switch button ,a catch for the centre console,2 new style clear side repeaters and two pedal rubbers for a fiver

I also got an as new with nobly bits (been in a boot as spare) 215/55/17 Pirelli P7 for 30 (a bit better than 160 each)
Yeah but how much of that did you smuggle out in your underpants?
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-11, 04:18 PM   #8
jmkent

Mine is like yours was.... sprung for up and forwards, but no spring to open the storage.... always thought this was how it was meant to be..... doesn't cause me any problems though.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-11, 07:20 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Yeah but how much of that did you smuggle out in your underpants?
SHH !
Have you ever tried walking with a headlight in your pants ?
407 mad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-11, 07:39 PM   #10

If any of you go to the breakers and there`s only the old type armrest that doesn`t slide forward, the clip out of this will work aswell , just cut a little off it
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in