Camera warnings - weird behaiviour - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-12, 07:59 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Camera warnings - weird behaiviour

I have a 57 407 Coupe Sport with large screen (RT4) satnav. I have the latest BIS download and latest UK satnav map with safety camera warnings, all installed by a main Peugeot dealer.

The safety camera warnings work fine, but here's the thing - when a warning comes up on screen, instead of this:

Correct St.
Correct City

This appears:

Correct Street -> Unrelated Small Town Many Miles Away
Correct City

The dash and arrow appear on the screen exactly as I've typed them above, and the name of the unrelated small town is beside them as I've typed it. The dealer has never seen such a problem and, so far, hasn't come up with a solution. At first I thought the name of the unrelated small town might be there to indicate where the camera is in relation to the car direction wise, but through experimentation I've eliminated that possibility.

Any ideas?
82412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-12, 08:08 PM   #2
davidireland

Sounds like a software problem.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-12, 11:44 PM   #3
Inactive User

You would think so, and the dealer suggested that it might be a problem with the Navteq maps, but:-

It seems that nobody has heard of this problem. The dealer hasn't, and I have this same post on PeugeotCentral with 185 views and no responses. It's reasonable to assume that there are thousands of cars out there with the latest UK maps, so if it was a problem with the maps lots of people wouild have reported it by now.

Navteq themselves say that all they do is supply the map data, and that any glitches are down to the way the end user (Peugeot, or Magnetti/Marelli, the makers of the RT4) programmes the data into their system.

Again, if the problem was in the RT4 firmware I think other people would have encountered it.

I'm hoping that when I take the car back to the dealer they'll hook up the diagnostic software and find an option that they can deselect. They did say, when they installed the safety camera database, that they couldn't get the warnings to work at first. Maybe they selected an unnecessary option along with the necessary ones?
82412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in