Bye Bye 407! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-03-13, 12:41 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Bye Bye 407!

Well, having owned her since September 2009, she's finally gone!

We've had our issues together, but it's mostly been a pleasant experience!

On the final day when I went to pick up my V5 from home we did a roughly 700 mile none stop stint, it was effortless and that is certainly the best quality of the 407, cruises like a boss.

For those interested, I used about 3/4's of a tank doing that approx 700 miles.

As for the replacement, I was toying with a 508 GT as the idea of the 2.2 HDI was nice, until it was automatic, or nothing! Also, I was never 100% sold on the interior of the 508.

So, I settled with a 2011, 60 plate Citroen C5 VTR+ NAV on the 2.0 (160).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-03-13, 01:05 PM   #2
davidireland

Default Re: Bye Bye 407!

Fair play. Nice car. Pretty much the same car as the 407 with nicer kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-03-13, 01:23 PM   #3
Inactive User

I was somewhat sad to see her go, she's had some mammoth drives around Europe, all the while never leaving me stranded at the roadside, not once.

I'd casually been putting away money for a new car, and I felt the time had come!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by philkerman; 21-03-13 at 07:44 AM.

Old 20-03-13, 01:25 PM   #4
davidireland

Default Re: Bye Bye 407!

One problem the c5 has though is front window regulators. You couldn't keep them fitted to them. The cables rust through. Other than that they are a good car. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-03-13, 06:09 PM   #5

shame you left the world of 407 but the c5 is a nice car, i looked at them a couple of years ago when i was thinking of changing, couldnt get on with the steering wheel tho. The way the centre bit stays still whilst the outer turns confused the f*ck outta me

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-03-13, 07:37 PM   #6

Gotta agree with Trem there lol - not confusing but it's just WIERD lol. I've only driven a few of them but every time had me giving the wheel funny looks :P
Old 21-03-13, 07:43 AM   #7
Inactive User

Haha, I've got to be honest and say I had reservations about the wheel confusing the life out of me, and thankfully after a few 100 miles you don't notice that it's any different.

However, if you are the type of person who loves to fiddle with the buttons while turning corners, it'll suck balls because you can't really do that properly!

At least I'm still rolling with a French car, rather than some of the other sell outs on here!

Oh and the 2.0 160 engine is really nice, 120 tax, mixed mostly town driving I'm averaging about 650 miles on a tank. On a motorway run it's in the low 900's.

The one thing that does slightly annoy me, the navigation system comes complete with bluetooth, however, they neglected to include a2dp until sometime in 2012 when the emyway was introduced.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in