Bulb blown ! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-17, 04:18 PM   #1

Default Bulb blown !

Hello been a while since i had a problem i could not really figure out/ find the answer here or clear with Planet. Previously username Third time 407sw 1.6 hdi

about a month ago i had a rear right brake light bulb come up with faulty on the dash so replaced it not thinking to check same again. Didn't happen straight away and would come and go, sometimes not till i having driven for a while. Now it comes on about 5 to 10 seconds after starting up, Had seen some comments when doing a search that the BSI could be confused and need reset have checked fuses and haven't had any issues with the rear lights since making the earthing mods about 3 years ago.

any ideas

Last edited by oneoff; 18-01-17 at 04:23 PM.
oneoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-01-17, 05:42 PM   #2

Earth fault,common issue on saloon,not as common on sw but still an issue

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-01-17, 09:18 PM   #3

As trem has said, re-check the earth mod, if the resistance of the wire is off, it can trigger a warning. Also, whilst the lamp is out, check the bulb holder and everything else for corrosion. Replace the bulb while you are there and do fit a branded, quality bulb. I've noticed with cheap bulbs, those don't last and go on to have other issue. (I was popping bulbs like tic tacs until I started fitting decent bulbs, after that, never had an issue!)
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 22-01-17, 02:12 PM   #4

removed the complete rear light section after disconnecting the earth Mod. Prior to this i had a spare circuit bulb holder from when initially did the earth mods way back. After check the replacement one i installed it with new bulbs and reattached the earth Mod . Job done , suspect the earth had come loose ! perhaps from changing the bulb first time round.

Just thought i would let you know the outcome

Now to perhaps have a look at friends 207 that's got a lot of blown bulbs, whcih i suspect may be earth related too.

cheers Guys
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in