bsi issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-17, 11:38 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default bsi issue

I have had issues with my battery on my 407 diesel I have now replaced this but having issues with my bsi I think I have tried doing a reset several times the last time I lost all my gauges and lcd display including electric windows. I have disconnected battery all night and reconnected it now have gauges for the meantime not sure how long for though. I have put car on planet and it says can fault on a lot of the tests. any ideas or does anyone know if there is somewhere in Birmingham that does bsi repairs please.
grammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-17, 12:02 PM   #2

You can reset the BSI settings in planet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-17, 12:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymarsbar View Post
You can reset the BSI settings in planet
I would reset the BSI then I would check all your fuses.

Are you following the correct procedure for disconnecting and reconnecting the battery? If not that's likely what's causing the issue.

Old 06-02-17, 12:42 PM   #4
Inactive User

not sure how to reset bsi in planet and yes doing the sidelight through the open window, I did that and left running for 5 mins and had everything except for parking sensors which weren't working but when I put it on planet it threw up about 5 can faults and it wouldn't let me clear them.
grammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-17, 12:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy View Post
not sure how to reset bsi in planet and yes doing the sidelight through the open window, I did that and left running for 5 mins and had everything except for parking sensors which weren't working but when I put it on planet it threw up about 5 can faults and it wouldn't let me clear them.
Just wanted to make sure

I'm new to planet, I need to clear some faults on mine when I reconnect the battery after putting it on charge. I will have a look and see if I can find the option. unless someone beats me to it.

Lets start with the basics...
Are the fuses OK?

Planet read. What are the faults you cant clear. Normally faults that won't clear are not resolved.

It may also be an idea to check your earth connections. The three main ones would be the ones behind each light and the main gearbox-chassis-battery terminal one. Your issue is almost certainly electrical.
Old 06-02-17, 01:27 PM   #6

just for info the poster also has this thread open and i believe its about the same vehicle https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...-fault-250178/
Old 06-02-17, 01:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
just for info the poster also has this thread open and i believe its about the same vehicle https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...-fault-250178/
Thanks trustme. Copied over from his other thread. grammy only post one thread on an issue or it creates confusion and nobody ever gets the full picture. Plus its likely against the rules

grammy
electrical fault
i have lost the mileage display and all gauges including lcd display on my 407 2.0 diesel. I have put car on planet and I'm getting bsi not communicating with LS CAN. this was about 10 minutes after car just about starting before battery went dead not sure if that's why. anybody help

trustme
Quote:
i have lost the mileage display and all gauges including lcd display on my 407 2.0 diesel. I have put car on planet and I'm getting bsi not communicating with LS CAN. this was about 10 minutes after car just about starting before battery went dead not sure if that's why. anybody help
if your battery is dead i would get that sorted first and hope its not done any further damage

grammy
all said and done but when I do get battery sorted will still have same problem to sort

trustme
im confused have you replaced battery or not?

grammy
not yet having one delivered tomorrow but have my original battery on charge at the moment so I can cure issue ready for new battery

grammy
when I put new battery in I know I have to do a procedure for this but will this reset the bsi I did see a thread where they mentioned about removing the fuse
Old 06-02-17, 03:07 PM   #8

You dont use planet to do a BSI reset bsi resets are well documented on here no planet required
Old 06-02-17, 03:51 PM   #9

It may be the BSI has some corrupted data which can be reprogrammed. It's a bit of a long winded job checking everything but necessary if you managed to corrupt it.

Once the new battery is on just go through every option and check it all looks ok. Make sure all the ECU's that are present are set as present and all the ones the car doesn't have are set to absent. Then go through all the options to make sure there are no obvious corrupt settings like garbled VIN or saying it has stuff you don't have

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-17, 04:04 PM   #10

Every time you disconnect or reconnect the battery - do this. Failure to comply will result in your issues persisting or getting worse.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in