Peugeot Forums banner

brakes

932 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BiGK 
#1 ·
when I brake the car feels like the pads and discs are uneven but when I check them they are alright anyone got any i dears

#6 ·
DISCS VERY RARELY WARP!! :mad: I hate when people just assume it's brake warping... been fine for the last year but all of a sudden just warped.... nah!

What you are experiencing is most likely to be uneven pad transfer.

Uneven Pad Deposit Removal

You can't get more aggressive pads... you'll have to do what I did, slam the brakes on over and over... just get the rotor temperature high enough to burn off most of it.

#7 · (Edited)
Hi....take it to your local mot garage and ask/pay for a brake test...and explain the problems your having....during a test the brakes will be applied at a steady pressure and any anomolies will show as a brake reading pulsing...the reasons are many..on my 407 if I leave it after a wash the rear discs will have a 'clean' area(no surface rust) where the pads have been held on the disc...untill thats cleaned off I get a mild vibration but it soom goes...let us know how you get on....good luck

#8 ·
Disc warping is becoming more common on front brakes now due to electronic handbrakes.

People are standing hard on the brakes on slip roads etc then holding on the brakes at junctions instead of using handbrake. Hot front discs start cooling but where they are still clamped by pads they hold the heat. Not a problem on rears due to smaller pads and lower temps

Reactions: terry57 and trem1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.