Best place for ball joints? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-11, 12:17 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Best place for ball joints?

Cars going in on monday to have both ball joints replaced but my man has quoted me at 85 for the part plus fitting saying they are OE quality and not the cheap crap that you can buy. The thing is whilst they are OE quality that seems a bit steep so im wondering if anyone can advise on cheaper but still decent alternatives?
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-11, 02:29 PM   #2
CAB

This is also on my to do list.

Been looking around at prices as I'm going to do them myself, but I have heard some stories about cheaper ones and also garages not renewing the bolts. As in car going one way and wheels the other. I generally price up at europarts and gsf think I was quoted around 65-70ish. I've seen them on ebay for 25 seller is in York. Close enough to go and complain!!!!
But as I've usually got my kids in car it's one thing I aren't going to be tight about.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-11, 02:51 PM   #3
jmkent

85 parts is basically buying them direct from Peugeot - they charge 90 each. If he isn't getting them direct from Peugeot, then he is paying far too much for other branded parts.

Old 11-07-11, 03:41 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
85 parts is basically buying them direct from Peugeot - they charge 90 each. If he isn't getting them direct from Peugeot, then he is paying far too much for other branded parts.
Yeah i thought it was too much too hence me asking about alternatives. Hard to tell but ive been under the car and both actually look ok with no rust as in Trems pics and i only get a slight knock from the OS but they have done 32k now. Maybe something else?

There was a guy on 407owners who bought some proper pug ones off ebay for 30 a side in Feb though that seller no longer seems to be around
Old 11-07-11, 03:46 PM   #5
jmkent

I wouldn't just have them done because you think it might be them - get them checked by someone else first. I too have an intermittent knock from front O/S yet I've had it into Peugeot and all has been checked as OK and no play at all, incl. steering and all suspension, yet the knock is still there. I had ball joints done 10k miles ago, and they are still perfectly fine, yet still get this knock, so it doesn't have to be them that is causing you the problem.
Old 11-07-11, 05:19 PM   #6
Inactive User

buy just SKF because rest ist shit

http://www.widaonline.co.uk/
Old 11-07-11, 06:14 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magma1974 View Post
They seem good value and looks the same as shop4parts who deal in Alfa and Fiat and ive dealt with them and their gear is generally good.
Old 11-07-11, 08:03 PM   #8
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasteeno View Post
Cars going in on monday to have both ball joints replaced but my man has quoted me at 85 for the part plus fitting saying they are OE quality and not the cheap crap that you can buy. The thing is whilst they are OE quality that seems a bit steep so im wondering if anyone can advise on cheaper but still decent alternatives?
OE quality is dreadful, so that's not much of an advert for the parts he's fitting.
Old 11-07-11, 08:03 PM   #9
jmkent

Maybe telling you how to suck eggs, but watch that website - they don't include any VAT until the checkout!
Old 12-07-11, 09:27 AM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
Maybe telling you how to suck eggs, but watch that website - they don't include any VAT until the checkout!
Just realised, no new bolts either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in