Beginning to have regrets - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-13, 07:32 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Beginning to have regrets

ok I recently purchased a used 09/03/13 so that's 4 days. I've so far had to replace the 2 rear brake lights both had blown.
The fuel filler cap the wrong one was fitted showing a fault
Then the from side lights went so replaced those but fault hasn't cleared
Now the boot won't unlock and panel showing rear parking sensors are faulty.
I'm guessing the wires in boot are damaged but really wishing I had not rushed into this purchase.
Even though I read up and decided I wanted this model and the lux pack certainly swung it for me I'm just thinking I've threw 3k at a lemon
Nearly 200 on replacement parts so far
Puggyjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-03-13, 07:38 PM   #2
davidireland

Default Re: Beginning to have regrets

Get used to it. All these niggles are commonplace on 407.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-13, 07:42 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Get used to it. All these niggles are commonplace on 407.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks your reply really gives me faith in my purchase

Old 13-03-13, 07:44 PM   #4

describe the problems you're having properly and i bet we can help you fix them either free or very cheaply

1. rear lights ?? what 'blew' ?
2. boot wires is a simple broken wire normally
3. front sidelight bulbs>??? are you sure its the fronts ?? rear lights give false alerts and are free to fix yourself ( well maybe 50p in parts)
4. fuel cap.....take it back and get them to sort it

edited cos i just read you've spent 200 on parts FFS, on a 4 day old car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-13, 08:16 PM   #5
Stubbo

No offence but you were on here 4 days ago (ie the day you bought it) asking for advice about filler cap

How and why....between then and now....have you spent 200

Some easy maths will tell you a trip back to where you bought it from to get them to correct all the niggles isnt 200 worth of fuel!
Old 13-03-13, 08:38 PM   #6

PuggyJay - think yourself lucky you haven't bought a 307 - that's all I'm saying
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-13, 08:49 PM   #7
Inactive User

Ok firstly thanks guys for help.
Yes I was on 4 days ago with fuel filler cap problem this was resolved with main dealer part 44 I did buy one from local scrappy but didnt fit so took back
Key wasn't working correctly and seemed like it had been ( not very well ) glued together. I purchased this car to assist with my new company and deliveries so couldn't afford to be stuck with no key 136 for key programming and Imob code (?)
So far a tenner in bulbs. (190)
Now back to the problems I've got.
After changing both brake light bulbs very soon after I got a warning saying the side light bulb had blown. Quick fix changed bulb but still got warning showing.
Boot won't open did work fine. Until yesterday and after about 4th delivery it refused to open luckily I could grab package through glass opener.next delivery the boot opened fine and has worked until last delivery tonight. No matter what I've tried it's not budging so tomorrow morning I will have time to look at the wires following sticky guides
Also on a few occasions I get a warning saying reverse parking sensors faulty and not working.
I did call the garage I purchased from ( a couple of hour journey traffic permitting) and his response was,
I'm talking rubbish about the fuel filler cap it didnt show a fault at his garage so I must of done something to it the key was shown to me as slightly damaged and if I hadn't took care of it then of course it won't last
The boot hasn't been a problem and I must be opening incorrectly have it locked or slamming it to much. ( I won't swear but did on the phone )
I'm fully aware it's not a new car and expect some minor problems but really didnt expect this amount.
However I do love the bits that work and it drives like a dream and is very comfy. Something I need when spending a lot of time in there often sitting waiting for collections.
Old 13-03-13, 08:52 PM   #8
Inactive User

Ps...
Forgot to mention that if I had the time I would be shooting up the m1 to where I purchased car from and having words. However having taking a day off to collect the car I really couldn't afford another day away from work to get it sorted. Even more so with the response I got over the phone
Old 13-03-13, 08:56 PM   #9
pr1vatepiles

Having always bought used cars i will admit you do sometimes inherit unknown faults the previous owner has either not known or neglected to tell you. But surely after such a short time must be worth contacting the seller to tell them?
Old 13-03-13, 09:00 PM   #10
Inactive User

Yes of course there's always going to be some faults.but buying from a garage I hoped they would of been sorted to a degree ( obviously the known ones) but seems the attitude of this garage is sold as seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in