Peugeot Forums banner

Battery

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  frednierck 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've just got a 2006 2.7 coupe. It drove fine on test drive and also on way home (100 miles)

Last couple of days I've had some faults showing on dash. car was fine one day then the next I got ABS, park distance control and seatbelt/airbag warning lights all came on.

I've been looking at the battery and it looks very small for this size of engine and with the equipment the car has fitted.

It's an Accustart Standard battery.
Can anyone tell me if this is the correct battery to use or if it isn't then what is the correct one?

Cheers

#4 ·
You are probably right in suspecting the battery, but it may not be the size/capacity - it may be the condition.

With the engine off, you should see at least 12.6V at the terminals, and with the engine running 14.2V.

If the first reading is low, try charging it with a mains charger - it may be low through lack of use, perhaps somewhat sulphated. A good charger e.g. this will sort that out.

If the second reading is low, that would point to a bad alternator.

#6 ·
I have a 2.0 hdi, where as other cars I owned go through batteries every 5 years the 407 seems to reqire one every 2/3 and throws odd errors when it's on the way out, the car starts fine one day then completely dead the next ,always makes you think there must be a wire off the startercos on previous starts there is no sign off engine struggling to turn over.

#12 ·
May be a little late for you now, but I have just been through a series of electrical problems indicated by poor starting and I had to eliminate the battery. The Service Box documentation for the car as delivered said it came with L3 600 degassing which as far as I can workout is a 600 Amp 65 AH. The actual service box battery listed in the parts list is an L5 950 Amp 85AH. What is actually fitted
is an 850 Amp RC 135 mins. don't know what that translates to in AH. It is a very large battery but fits comfortably out of the way in the boot. It was the least of my problems in the end but that is another story. My present battery is about the same size as the L5 950 amp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.