average tyre pressures? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-10-11, 07:33 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default average tyre pressures?

anyone give me an idea of what they run their tyres on?
checked the door sticker and its reccomending 2.6 and 2.4 bar front and rear..which according my iphone converter app is 38 and 36 psi...so i plumped for 37 psi in both front and rear.
my tpm system isnt playing ball anyway because i have one wheel with a non sensor valve...got to get them disabled
just seems high pressure to me...guess its right though.
kirisute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-10-11, 07:43 AM   #2
Inactive User

i try to get mine as close as i can to those values as i can, being the recommended pressures. i hope to god peugeot knows what they are doing
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-10-11, 07:52 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlestar View Post
i try to get mine as close as i can to those values as i can, being the recommended pressures. i hope to god peugeot knows what they are doing
LOL! thats why im asking! im used to maybe 32 psi...im a lazy car owner who was happy to just keep his tyres at a certain pressure no matter what i was driving! LOL 36/37/38 just seems high...but hey ho
least i didnt have a heart attack when i checked out the tyre prices at my local garage!
ahh the joys of owning a new car; finding out all the little bits and bobs of daily running.....

Old 14-10-11, 11:20 AM   #4
Inactive User

I run 2.6 Front and 2.4 Rear, the car does feel noticeably different (worse) and the steering feels tighter as a result of being anything lower than that.

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-10-11, 12:00 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkerman View Post
I run 2.6 Front and 2.4 Rear, the car does feel noticeably different (worse) and the steering feels tighter as a result of being anything lower than that.

Phil
i agree; seems all tyres were about 32 psi/2.2 bar
i was happy with the ride but i figured with the TPM sensors not working due to the non sensored valve id just check them anyway.
only changed the pressures this morning but it does seem to be handling smoother and rolling along nicer.
yet to take her on a long run but she is back to the garage tomorrow for new MAP sensor and EGR, which is an 80 mile round trip..so that will be a good test.
Old 14-10-11, 05:23 PM   #6
jmkent

My SW is 2.6bar front and rear (2.8bar rear if loaded).
I used to run lower, 2.4bar ish and the ride was smoother.... at 2.6bar it is a lot harder, but also handles well.... not driven anything else that holds the road like my 407, and I've driven dozens of different hire cars over the last few years.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-10-11, 11:11 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
My SW is 2.6bar front and rear (2.8bar rear if loaded).
I used to run lower, 2.4bar ish and the ride was smoother.... at 2.6bar it is a lot harder, but also handles well.... not driven anything else that holds the road like my 407, and I've driven dozens of different hire cars over the last few years.
My 407 has surprised a few people that have pushed it in the corners, the double wishbone and multi-link suspension certainly makes driving them fun!

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-11, 12:01 AM   #8
Inactive User

I like to quote wikipedia on this issue when people underestimate my 407.

"407 has one of the most advanced suspensions in a class. With double wishbone in front and 5 point multilink with angled shock absorbers in the back. Although overall setup is for comfort, hence relatively soft, handling is excellent. Due to double wishbone/multilink configuration it can out-turn (especially in long, fast curves) cars with much stiffer suspension and this same combination is the reason for its very predictable handling during changes in dynamic load (traverse bumps) during cornering."

Muhahahah!
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-11, 12:20 AM   #9
Inactive User

Talking

My 407 saloon was great at corners then I got the coupe and first day I had it I went around a roundabout and it gripped the road so well I nearly ended up in the passenger seat
trem1 likes this.
cabinpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-11, 12:52 PM   #10
Inactive User

Well mine has just come back from the garage. Had the egr replaced which would appear to have resolved my hiccuping issues!
With the tyres up at 37 psi the windy Norfolk back roads supplied some superb driving grins this morning on my way home!
Liking my "enterprise" more and more with every day I drive it! ( the missus named the car Enterprise because it lights up like a scene from Star Trek when you turn it on! Lol!"
Beau M likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in