Any advantage software upgrades 407 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-11, 07:51 AM   #1
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 19
Default Any advantage software upgrades 407

Hi all

Is there any advantage in upgrading the software on a 2005 model 2.2L petrol car.
or
best to leave it alone.

will the the computer system on a 2005 model 407 handle the latest upgrade.

I have the car at the dealer with over issues so just thinging about it.


Cheers
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 25-07-11, 08:20 AM   #2
Inactive User
 
john_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gateshead - Tyne and Wear
Posts: 4,512
Default

software upgrades are good for the car, they get rid of the glitches that can cause issues with the motor.

when your car is connected up to a computer system for an ecu update, it is connected to the french servers and specific software to your car is downloaded. i had a 2001 307 updated on a few occasions, so your 05 will handle it.



jmkent likes this.
john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 04:46 PM   #3
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cornwall
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_h View Post
software upgrades are good for the car, they get rid of the glitches that can cause issues with the motor.

when your car is connected up to a computer system for an ecu update, it is connected to the french servers and specific software to your car is downloaded. i had a 2001 307 updated on a few occasions, so your 05 will handle it.
Would a dealer do this automatically when connecting to read fault codes for instance or would you have to specifically ask for it ?
__________________
1.6 110 hdi se sw owner
pug Muncher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 26-07-11, 05:30 PM   #4
jmkent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug Muncher View Post
Would a dealer do this automatically when connecting to read fault codes for instance or would you have to specifically ask for it ?
Ask for it. They'll do it if it might cure a fault, but I don't think they do it as a matter of course, unless its in for the routine service whereby I believe they do then.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 06:18 PM   #5
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cornwall
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
Ask for it. They'll do it if it might cure a fault, but I don't think they do it as a matter of course, unless its in for the routine service whereby I believe they do then.
Ok thanks jm your dealer is the same one I will be using, have you had it done and if so do you remember what the cost was ?
__________________
1.6 110 hdi se sw owner
pug Muncher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 06:21 PM   #6
jmkent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Had my engine ECU software updated when I had a new EGR fitted 6 months ago, and that didn't cost me. Haven't had the BSI updated, although Paul has mentioned about this that might help with a couple of other little bugs I have with it. I doubt they charge if you are having something else done, they might if that is all you go in for though. They have only ever charged me for a diagnostic (50) when taking it in for a fault last September, and none since as the problems since are all still in relation to the original fault report.

I might be biased as I've been using them for years, but they are a pretty reasonable and helpful team up there. You used them before?

Last edited by jmkent; 26-07-11 at 06:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 06:41 PM   #7
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cornwall
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
Had my engine ECU software updated when I had a new EGR fitted 6 months ago, and that didn't cost me. Haven't had the BSI updated, although Paul has mentioned about this that might help with a couple of other little bugs I have with it. I doubt they charge if you are having something else done, they might if that is all you go in for though. They have only ever charged me for a diagnostic (50) when taking it in for a fault last September, and none since as the problems since are all still in relation to the original fault report.

I might be biased as I've been using them for years, but they are a pretty reasonable and helpful team up there. You used them before?
Haven't used them yet but rang and spoke to a guy named Steve, he sounded ok and quoted me the same 50, there is also a guy on here from Plymouth with pp maps who will read for 20
__________________
1.6 110 hdi se sw owner
pug Muncher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 06:44 PM   #8
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cornwall
Posts: 63
Default

I have a guy near me who has a snap-on fault reader, he updates it once a year but not sure how it compares to pp
__________________
1.6 110 hdi se sw owner
pug Muncher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 06:45 PM   #9
jmkent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know of two Steve's - ones in parts, the other in aftersales. They are both pretty helpful to me. The touch that made it personal for me was when my 306 had been written off, and I had a temp Volvo for 12mths, yet then when going back to Truscotts with the 407 some 18mths since I had with the 306, they still knew me on the service reception without even telling them who I was Its not often you get good report of dealers, but I believe these deserve one
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 06:51 PM   #10
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cornwall
Posts: 63
Default

Well that's good to know, cars currently in an indie at the mo having an oil leak checked out. May be paying them a visit in the not too distant future tho
__________________
1.6 110 hdi se sw owner
pug Muncher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.