another unrecognisable diagram/warning - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-11, 07:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default another unrecognisable diagram/warning

Hi, Anyone ever get a picture of a circle with a line at the bottom, this popped up today in the small viewer the one that tells me which gear the car is in, or in my case if your in drive, or park etc.

I am not able to read anything in the screen as its gone tits up but when the car is cool and its dark I can read things on the screen but having gone out tonight the diagram didn't appear.

Any ideas the diagram is not in the handbook.
The car is a 2.2 auto on an 05 plate
Robbob24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-08-11, 07:16 PM   #2

Is that not flat tyre ? TPM Monitor
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-08-11, 07:31 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi
No not a flat tyre as there is no nail shown on picture and even I would know if I had a flat.

Thanks
Robbob24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-08-11, 09:26 PM   #4
Inactive User

any chance of a picture?

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-08-11, 06:13 AM   #5
Inactive User

Hi, speculating on the tyre scenario: if you, or had you, changed one of the tires? Perhaps with the spare wheel. If so, as far as I am aware, the spare does not carry a TPM gadget and it will the give you a warning that all's not well.

Also, when I put new tires on my 407, I had to take it to the local agents for the system to be reset. This they done by pumping the tyre to over 280kpa, and then letting air out to 200kps, and then pumped to the correct pressure of 230kpa.
Old 26-08-11, 08:18 AM   #6

Sounds like a faulty tyre sensor. Get them disabled!
Old 26-08-11, 08:30 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Sounds like a faulty tyre sensor. Get them disabled!
Why do you always want to disable safety systems on the car? As with ESP, ABS, EBD, etc these are design to assist you in operating the vehicle to the highest safety standards. Would you turn the airbags off, because you suspect them of a malfunction?

Rather investigate what the cause of the warning is. That is what it is warning you about.

Gerhard.
Old 26-08-11, 09:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
Why do you always want to disable safety systems on the car? As with ESP, ABS, EBD, etc these are design to assist you in operating the vehicle to the highest safety standards. Would you turn the airbags off, because you suspect them of a malfunction?

Rather investigate what the cause of the warning is. That is what it is warning you about.

Gerhard.
What do you mean "always"?

Can you point me to where I've said any other safety systems should be disabled?

In fact I've given detailed posts on numerous occasions about repairing the ABS sensors and checking and replacing other sensors around the car.

The 407 tyre sensors are renowned to fail over time and other owners have disabled them.

The 407 I bought had a faulty tyre pressure sensor. To try and correct / hide the fault the previous owner over inflated the tyre. When I checked it, it was almost 50 PSI - far more dangerous in my opinion.

If tyre sensors are so great then why aren't they fitted as standard on all cars from 2004 onwards?

Last edited by Gibbo; 26-08-11 at 10:01 AM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-08-11, 10:08 AM   #9
Inactive User

i have to agree with gibbo on this, Tyre pressure sensors are not a safety feature but more of a lazy mans feature for those who cant be assed to manually check the pressures. the only benefit for this system is on cars with run on flats.

the cheapest and more effective way of sorting this is infact disabling the pressure sensors with planet.

admittantly you must be really dumb to disable the braking systems sensors such ABS/EPS and other safety feature such as airbag but no one has said this ever on this forum. tyre pressure sensors and ABS sensors are different and total seperate and not part of the overall safety function.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-08-11, 10:21 AM   #10
Inactive User

Looks as if I kicked the wrong bee nest.

I was not referring to you specific, Gibbo, but using your reply to air a long standing gripe with all that always want to disable and not rectified. My apologies to you on that one.

Higher end cars do come with TPM as standard. (In fact it is a legal requirement in South Africa on run flats.)

John, I totally disagree with you, in my mind it is a safety feature.

When I got my Fiat Stilo, no warning lights was on, I then had it checked out and 2 of the systems (airbag and ABS) was disabled. Why? I don't know, they were not even faulty, but just had to be reset. So, yes sometime people will disconnect them rather that investigate the cause. I presume the cost factor scare them.

Again, it was not my intention to get your hair up.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in