Another DPF question, how long does the additive last? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-13, 11:16 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Another DPF question, how long does the additive last?

Hi to all, have a warning to say "DPF filter additive low" think i have managed to find a place to do the job, however, does anyone know how long this lasts when the additive is re-done and the counter re-set, have read fors and against with regard to the benifit of total DPF removal, sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in favour of, so no real recommendations that i can see, also hear a lot about "regeneration" how would i know if my car was regenerating or not, would a message come up? 2.0HDi saloon 2006, regards, Geoff.
geoff40752 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-09-13, 11:27 AM   #2
CAB

All the 407's I've seen that require additive refill have been around the 100 to 120k mileage mark, so if completely filled it should last the same again plus your car's 7 years old and just requires a refill now.
The 2.0hdi's are a lot harder to tell when they regen compared to the 1.6's so you'd probably never notice it. If the filter was blocking it should throw a warning up.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

Last edited by CAB; 27-09-13 at 11:29 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-09-13, 01:33 PM   #3
Inactive User

Mine has done 60k miles and still has half a tank
Fizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-09-13, 04:16 PM   #4

Should do at least 60K. However you need to ensure that you do not refuel with small amounts as for every removal of the fuel cap for more than about 20 Sec's results in the same amount of additive injection.

I always run fuel tank from full to empty at least 45Ltrs per fill and have done near on 80K without low level warning.
Old 27-09-13, 04:33 PM   #5

I always do empty-full, I try and avoid dribs and drabs. Unlike my old man. We are both, give or take on the same mileage. I'm on 35k hes on just 38k, so we'll see who runs out first!
Old 27-09-13, 06:34 PM   #6

Empty - Full every single time.

If the DPF is working and the additive just needs a top up then top it up, reset the counters and leave it alone IMO.
Old 27-09-13, 07:22 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default Thanks for the info

Hi to all, thanks for the info, my car has done 160K mls and yesterday had a new cambelt kit, oil and filters change, as i did not receive any service history with the car, i thought it better to be safe than sorry, my local mech, a good bloke, unfortunately, could not do the DPF top up as he does not have anyway of re-setting the counter, so he suggested another local place that did, been today and was completely put off by this guy, asked him for a price to do the job and all i got was! it may not want topping up, it could be something else throwing up the message, he would have to check the car first to confirm,(cost?) if it does require topping up it could take 1 to 3 ltrs approx, (cost 50 ltr + labour) lastly, he cannot give a fixed price as it depends what he finds, i was completely put off by this guy, sounds to me like he wants a blank cheque to charge whatever he likes, so still looking! regards, Geoff.
geoff40752 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-09-13, 07:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff40752 View Post
Hi to all, thanks for the info, my car has done 160K mls and yesterday had a new cambelt kit, oil and filters change, as i did not receive any service history with the car, i thought it better to be safe than sorry, my local mech, a good bloke, unfortunately, could not do the DPF top up as he does not have anyway of re-setting the counter, so he suggested another local place that did, been today and was completely put off by this guy, asked him for a price to do the job and all i got was! it may not want topping up, it could be something else throwing up the message, he would have to check the car first to confirm,(cost?) if it does require topping up it could take 1 to 3 ltrs approx, (cost 50 ltr + labour) lastly, he cannot give a fixed price as it depends what he finds, i was completely put off by this guy, sounds to me like he wants a blank cheque to charge whatever he likes, so still looking! regards, Geoff.
Get your local guy to do the top up, then get someone off here who is local to you with PP to reset the counters.
Malcolm.
Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using AutoGuide.Com Free App
307Burn likes this.
Old 29-09-13, 05:17 PM   #9

As part of the scan done by Storeman, my DPF cam back at ~1200ml. Approxiamately how long will this last?
Old 29-09-13, 10:56 PM   #10

I think every time you fill up it injects about 10ml so you would be looking at approx 120 tank fulls!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in