aircon test - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-18, 07:44 PM   #1

Default aircon test

Hi chaps....I,m looking at a 407 2.0 hdi 2006 aircon fault....I can get the compressor to engage with my solus and Its fully gassed (check with guages)
All fuses checked and ruled out....Im waiting for my Diagbox to be returned (long term loan to local garage)to see if I can check the hi/lo pressure switch...any other ideas?
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-04-18, 08:30 PM   #2

The 407 system gets inputs from multiple sources, not simple like an 'old' a/c system. Best to hook it up to Diagbox and see what it says. Maybe your local garage owes you a favour, get them to sort it for you..??
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-04-18, 08:41 PM   #3

HI...nice thought...they dont do aircon tho....

Old 16-05-18, 12:30 PM   #4

Hi all :update: diagbox shows the drivers temp ok..but passenger temp at zero...I know the drivers one (french) is the little sensor behond the upper glove box trim(behind the 3 slots)on the passenger side but where will the one other be ?407 with dual climate control.

looking on servicebox there seems to bo only 1 in the cabin and 2 on the heater/aircon unit..maybe mines failed?

Last edited by noddy-hol; 16-05-18 at 02:47 PM.
Old 25-05-18, 08:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy-hol View Post
Hi all :update: diagbox shows the drivers temp ok..but passenger temp at zero...I know the drivers one (french) is the little sensor behond the upper glove box trim(behind the 3 slots)on the passenger side but where will the one other be ?407 with dual climate control.

looking on servicebox there seems to bo only 1 in the cabin and 2 on the heater/aircon unit..maybe mines failed?
Let us know if you can find it! I have the same issue (don't think it's really an issue though).. a fault with it in Diagbox, zero degrees, but the bloody thing doesn't even seem to exist!
The diagram said it was near the heater flap motor, drivers side (around where you cut the holes when repairing the flap). But I could never find it.
My aircon is working fine, so I wouldn't think this is the problem.

Edit:
I'm not 100% sure what they were referring to on the diagram though.. there was several different names for "it". One diagram called it a hydrostatic something or something, Diagbox called it a temp sensor I think, and I saw it called some other name somewhere else.. It's all a bit mysterious..

Last edited by gijoe50000; 25-05-18 at 08:58 PM.
gijoe50000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-05-18, 06:14 AM   #6

Hi...wel changed the sensor beind the glove box trim and the hi/lo switch by the condensor...servicebox shows only one left ;that is the evaporator sensor when I get time I will try and find it...diagbox still shows fault f302passenger sensor fault?
Service Box
Old 11-06-18, 03:52 PM   #7

Hi all.....well still no aircon....but im interested in what the 'brightness sensor' does.....any ideas or has anyone have a spare one?
Service Box
Old 11-06-18, 07:43 PM   #8

Where did you get the translation "brightness sensor" from?
I speak French so may be able to help.
Translating French online is useless.
In English we have 5 words which mean the same thing. In French they have 1 word which means 5 things depending on the context.
I think there are 2 sensors in this system.
The known one behind the small grill/slots above the glove box. It's a small bead thermistor.
Second one is in the central console. It's a tube about 100mm long,5/6mm dia. Well it was on the 307.
(I suspect "brightness sensor" means level sensor.)

Last edited by ashdav; 11-06-18 at 07:56 PM.
ashdav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-18, 07:54 PM   #9

Brightness sensor "Adjusts" the air con temps based on light levels, it will over cool when in bright sunlight and under cool (eg raise temp slightly) at night as allegedly we feel warmer in sunlight and colder at night
Old 11-06-18, 08:04 PM   #10

Any references/links for that assertion?
ashdav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in