additive ecu - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-12, 04:42 PM   #1

Default additive ecu

Plugged PP2000 in to a 407 yesterday and was unable to communicate with the additive ecu or operate the additive pump. Not had this before so does anyone have any suggestions at all?
Where does the ecu live? As for the pump, either this is related to the ecu or it is seized due to the tank being totally empty (i suspect the ecu)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-12, 05:34 PM   #2
Inactive User

Ecu would seem to be behind the speedo. But someone on here mentioned that some cars dont have it, and that its operation is done by the engine ecu.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-12, 05:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooankski View Post
Plugged PP2000 in to a 407 yesterday and was unable to communicate with the additive ecu or operate the additive pump. Not had this before so does anyone have any suggestions at all?
Where does the ecu live? As for the pump, either this is related to the ecu or it is seized due to the tank being totally empty (i suspect the ecu)
The additive ecu is usually behind the glovebox...just remove the tabs and cover under the glovebox and get your head in the footwell...you should then see "add to go" written on the ecu....
Try unplugging it and plugging it back in with ignition on and it might come back to life...if you do get comms with the ecu then check fuel cap sensor as sometimes a failed fuelcap sensor shuts down the additive ecu...Best of Luck..
Ron.
davidireland likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
risky1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-12, 11:36 AM   #4
Inactive User

I have checked behind glovebox on my 407 1.6 HDI 2006 and nothing is there. Where else could additive ECU be? Does anyone know?
pretendentas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-12, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendentas View Post
I have checked behind glovebox on my 407 1.6 HDI 2006 and nothing is there. Where else could additive ECU be? Does anyone know?
If its not there on the 1.6 then you have an engine/additive combined ecu
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-12, 07:07 AM   #6
Inactive User

It should have it because when I run global test on PP all ECU replies except Additive. And when I try to reset additive I get message ECU has not replied. If it is combined do you know where is the problem?
Old 05-03-12, 07:44 AM   #7

Go into the Engine Ecu and look for it there
malgpz900 likes this.
Old 05-03-12, 11:21 AM   #8
Inactive User

I have tried this one as well When i go to 'test by ECU' then 'Engine/gearbox' then 'diesel fuel additive control unit' and then i get message 'ECU has not replied'. Where I should get 'configuration'. Any Ideas
Old 05-03-12, 11:27 AM   #9

Before Global Scan check new parts for Dpf maintenance
Old 09-03-12, 11:17 PM   #10

Well mine did exactly the same as you experience with your car, I did unlug and plug the box with ignition on, after that I had reestablished the communicatin to the box.
In my car it was placed in the left side just above the pedals on a LH drive car (I live in Denmark).
Hope this helps, as I recall it the box is approximately 3x6x10cm with the connector placed in a 3x6cm end of the box.
I remember my impression was that they should have spend a few Euro more on the connectors.
12345pj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in