ac compressor failed - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-14, 11:32 PM   #1
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Default ac compressor failed

Hello all,
cooling failed on my PEg 407, 2007 year, 2.0L petrol ( not coolin as it used to) and i took it for re gas. The guy hooked up his machine and told me the compressor has failed noticing from the Low pressure circuit. He said it is developing enough suction. He did the re gasing anyway and from that point on, i dont even hear the compressor kicking in when switched on. He did not charge me for the gas though. Is there any special procedure that should be carried out after re-gasing to activate the compressor?
i am planning to buy a used one since the new it too expensive....
SAMUELY55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 20-09-14, 08:34 PM   #2
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ipswich
Posts: 15
Default

Mine failed on the way back from Hastings, loads of smoke near the tunnel on M25!, clutch burnt out. Fitted a new on that weekend but waiting for a mate (commercial a/c engineer) to get some gas. I know the compressor clutch is opperating though by testing with pp2000. I'll let you know how it is when re gased (about 2 weeks), Neil
m crawford likes this.
vinpug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-14, 09:47 PM   #3
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Default AC compressor not working

hello guys,
I just want to clear my doubts. My AC compressor does not kick in ( i dont hear the click noise when switched on first time with the engine running). I checked and found that there is 12V to the clutch circuit(input side). Can there be any other means wherein it will prevent the compressor from kicking in?lik ethe auto control valve on the compressor. I am just asking because a mechanic told me that other things can be a problem and not just the clutch. Well i dont trust him, since it is all mechanical when it comes to the clutch part. I mean the moment the ac is switched on, I should at least hear the click noise and see the core of compressor pulley turning. None of that is happening and besides there is 12V at the clutch input when the ac is switched on.
Please advice if i can just replace the clutch without removing the compressor from the engine.
SAMUELY55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-14, 04:11 PM   #4
Inactive User
 
rbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: France
Posts: 369
Default

Sounds like its the clutch but they can be hard to get and you will probably need a puller to get it off. I would just find one in a breakers yard change the complete unit.
You would need to take it off the car really.
__________________
307sw 2.0HDI XSI 136 RHR
206 GTI 1.6HDI De FapCat
rbaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-10-16, 02:31 AM   #5
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 8
Send a message via Skype™ to m crawford
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinpug View Post
Mine failed on the way back from Hastings, loads of smoke near the tunnel on M25!, clutch burnt out. Fitted a new on that weekend but waiting for a mate (commercial a/c engineer) to get some gas. I know the compressor clutch is opperating though by testing with pp2000. I'll let you know how it is when re gased (about 2 weeks), Neil
Vinpug, can I ask if you replaced just the clutch or the whole compressor? If just the clutch is it necessary to remove compressor to do this and is a puller tool needed? Thanks in advance.
m crawford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-10-16, 10:12 AM   #6
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: romford essex
Posts: 111
Default ac compressor failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUELY55 View Post
hello guys,
I just want to clear my doubts. My AC compressor does not kick in ( i dont hear the click noise when switched on first time with the engine running). I checked and found that there is 12V to the clutch circuit(input side). Can there be any other means wherein it will prevent the compressor from kicking in?lik ethe auto control valve on the compressor. I am just asking because a mechanic told me that other things can be a problem and not just the clutch. Well i dont trust him, since it is all mechanical when it comes to the clutch part. I mean the moment the ac is switched on, I should at least hear the click noise and see the core of compressor pulley turning. None of that is happening and besides there is 12V at the clutch input when the ac is switched on.
Please advice if i can just replace the clutch without removing the compressor from the engine.
It could be a leak in the condenser which would cause the compressor not to switch in. I know because I had mine recharged, next morning it stopped and a damp patch in the middle of the condenser obviously the guy who did the recharge did not test it. pete407sw
__________________
2009 407 sw sr met black 2.0l :D
pete407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-10-16, 12:38 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 32
Default

To Test the A/C Compressor you can begin with (A/C Switch on);

1. Pressure switch, Try to connect the cable directly by disconnecting the plug and direct connect the two cable in the socket cable.
2. If the Compressor kick in than the Pressure Switch must be worn out. If the Compressor still not kick in than the Clutch must be obsolete.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-10-16, 03:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
xlineiain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NE Lincolnshire. Up the Mariners!
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m crawford View Post
Vinpug, can I ask if you replaced just the clutch or the whole compressor? If just the clutch is it necessary to remove compressor to do this and is a puller tool needed? Thanks in advance.
According to his profile, he hasn't logged on since August last year. So you may be waiting a while for an answer.


Poor ac must be a 407 thing, both of mine had problems.
My 406 had perfect ac, and it seems fine in my 508.
__________________
Not a Peugeot, but a Toyota GT86.
xlineiain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-10-16, 10:14 PM   #9
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 8
Send a message via Skype™ to m crawford
Default 407 a/c clutch replacement

Thanks for replies.
I had the presure checked and this was good. I also connected / jumped the compressor clutch plug straight from the battery to give it 12v but I didn't engage.
Hed the gas removed so I can take compressor of if necessary but hope to do it while still on.
Can't find any info on replacing the clutch, has anyone got any pointer or links? Cheers
m crawford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-10-16, 11:50 AM   #10
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: romford essex
Posts: 111
Default a/c clutch

Hi M crawford if you google a/c compressor clutch change you will see a view come up on you tube of how to do it or go straight to you tube doh,hope this will help you pete.
__________________
2009 407 sw sr met black 2.0l :D
pete407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.