ABS Sensor and Ring - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-08-11, 08:34 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default ABS Sensor and Ring

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where does the abs ring goes on front axle? After i had my driveshaft replaced i started getting intermittent abs sensor fault. I tried to give it a clean with de-greaser and rust remover, but after that the fault would simply always appear soon as i start the engine. But before i did that, it would sometimes appear after driving abit, or even not at all.

So i took a peek today, took off the wheel and turned steering wheel all the way, when i look inside i see the sensor and the CV housing, but i dont see the abs ring there. So i took my old driveshaft and checked it too, it looks just the same, no rings at the point where abs sensor is pointing too. So im wondering where does that ring go, and is it used at all on the front axle?

The place where it should be is kinda rusty and it doesnt appear as if anything was taken off of it. Any help would be appreciated, tomorow ill post pic of my old driveshaft.

Cheers
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-08-11, 08:45 PM   #2
Inactive User

Just forgot to mention, mind you the way i know that is the sensor at fault is because when i break hard, i can hear and feel that wheel squeeking and blocking.
Old 28-08-11, 09:23 PM   #3
davidireland

Theres no ring you're talking about. Its built into the wheelbearing?
What fault did you get out of the ABS ecu?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-08-11, 10:19 PM   #4
Inactive User

Honestly, i have no idea what im talking about. It was just a wild idea i had, so i could blame the mechanic for it.

The ring i am talking about is part number: 4549 19 RADIAL TARGET, funny thing is service box says there are only 2 on my car, whereas there is 4 sensors.

Im just trying everything i can before replacing the actual sensor. I dont have ECU reading as i dont have Planet, but im gonna take it for diag soon.
Old 03-10-11, 10:11 AM   #5
Inactive User

So i resolved the problem. It turned out it was the rear left sensor.

When measured with voltmeter it gives a reading as if it was shortened.
But when ok it gives a reading of ~5 mega ohms.

So i went and replaced it, but lo and behold the fault was still there. I fiddled around a bit more, measured both left and right sensors and when i noticed that left one was giving out ~3 mega ohms and right ~5, i came to conclusion that wires were actually flipped. So i cut the cable, switched the wires and now its all good. Happy camper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in