abs,espn,prnd sensor interesting reading - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmkent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-11, 11:17 AM   #1
Inactive User

Question abs,espn,prnd sensor interesting reading

hi can you help fitting new abs senors to my 2006 407 sw se 2 hdi auto will i have to get them programmed to the vehicle via diagnostic computer at peugeot, parts supplier says no but Peugeot say yes. the problem with car is abs & esp followed sometimes by prnd then locks in third gear when you stop car turn of and restart faults clear all so no fault codes from diagnostic check,only bought car recently so contacted previous owner who told me a long story about the car and give me letters and invoices to back this up. he purchased car on 17/01/2008from peugeot dealership with history and warranted mileage at 2673,car serviced by peugeot 19/12/08 on 23/03/2009 mileage 12023 auto gearbox faulty prnd alarms car reportedly ok by peugeot after software update on faults found 12/12/2009 car serviced at peugeot.now this is were it get interesting, he setts of on holiday to france at cambrai in france 28/05/2010 abs esp and prnd alarms appear makes it to services contacts peugeot at cambrial france ,starts car car drives normel to peugeot garage peugeot diagnostic not clear on fault so ring technical experts department as mileage only 21630, they say gearbox needs replacing, drove away from peugeot cambrai with new auto gearbox and bill for work total 5,640.43 euros 4936.32 . 29/5/2010 recommenced ther journey south. 21/06/2010 leaving tournon abs esp alarms take car to peugeot garage tournon replaced rear sensor fault 150 euros ,no more incidents in france,27/6/2010 abs,espn ,prnd,followed by auto gearbox faulty swiched ignition off and back on alarms cleared. 11/07/2010 asp,espn,followed by prnd auto gearbox faulty take car to his peugeot dealer who service his car in stockport they say its a wheel sensor fault and this can make the prnd faulty gearbox alarm come on as it sends the vehicles speed to the gear box to change gear and this would make the gearbox look faulty. as i said before i have just bought the car and gess what the abs epsn and now and then the prnd gearbox alarms so he thinks peugeot france replaced autogearbox when it was only a wheel sensor fault. do any of you out there no or think this will solve my problem with the car as cant afford to change gearbox at that cost thanks chris (help)

Last edited by ccgg; 16-06-11 at 11:35 AM.
ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-06-11, 07:24 PM   #2
jmkent

Have it hooked up by someone with planet and they'll tell you if an abs sensor is faulty, and which one... and if you replace them yourself they're only about 30-40 so not too bad.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-06-11, 07:27 PM   #3

not even 35
ABS Sensor | ABS Sensors For Any Car | Car ABS Sensors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-06-11, 10:52 PM   #4
Inactive User

hi when i fit new abs sensor will it have to be pluged in to diagnostic to be programmed to the vehicle not sure about this some tell me yes and others say no thanks chris
ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-06-11, 07:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
hi when i fit new abs sensor will it have to be pluged in to diagnostic to be programmed to the vehicle not sure about this some tell me yes and others say no thanks chris
Only if the light does not go out , they don`t need paired with the car but theres a chance the light will stay on.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-08-11, 06:46 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Rear ABS sensor replaced

Hi, I recently replace the rear left ABS sensor, which wasnt too bad a job, took 2 hours once I dropped the fuel tank to get the cable under the rear seat. ABS/ESF fault alarm cleared once all finished. Went out to car in the morning and the ABS led and ABS/ESF returned.
I have measured resistance going back to each sensor from under the rear seat and both about the same.
Not sure what to do now that a reply has said they a new sensor may have to be paired to car. Any replies would be welcome.
Boomer 64
Boomer 64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-08-11, 06:56 PM   #7
jmkent

Betty said they shouldn't need pairing (and he knows this lark pretty well), only hooking up if light doesn't go out in order to clear it.
bettyswollocks likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in