ABS communication error in Peugeot Planet - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-19, 07:35 PM   #1

Default ABS communication error in Peugeot Planet

So I've got no communication between the ABS module and the BSI. It's setting off all other sorts of faults too, like airbag, no speedometer, etc..

Just wondering if anybody has some quick tips on what to check first, or any idea what might resolve it (assuming the ABS module isn't actually goosed!), such as vacuum lines, fuses brake switch, etc? IE, what would you check first?

I think I may have one or two faulty brake sensors, as I replaced the back one last year with a cheapo one, and it broke again last month, and then the front one started glitching a few weeks ago. This did interfere with the speedometer when it glitched, but not the airbag. I'm thinking it'd be too much of a coincidence that the ABS module now died a month after these..

Unless the ABS module was slowly dying and not reading the sensors correctly. I do also now have a low brake fluid warning as well, but I assume it's to do with this.

At the moment the car is like a disco when I switch on the ignition, with all the lights and sounds..
Advertisement

Old 15-06-19, 08:48 PM   #2

I did see somewhere where someone had the same kind of fault as you, it was to do with one of the connectors in the fues box under the bonnet where one of the pins was Broken of, check fuses to, will have a look and see if I can find it
Keviuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-19, 09:20 PM   #3

https://youtu.be/dFbfpV7Cow0
Keviuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-06-19, 12:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keviuk View Post
I did see somewhere where someone had the same kind of fault as you, it was to do with one of the connectors in the fues box under the bonnet where one of the pins was Broken of, check fuses to, will have a look and see if I can find it
Nice one.
I just started that video, but I'll finish it tomorrow and check it out. I did pull all the fuses recently, trying to find a battery drain, so hopefully it's something similar, or a loose connection or something.

I do have a spare fusebox somewhere as well, from a "throwing parts at it" scenario, so it'd be great if I can finally make use of that!

I don't care what the problem is once it's not the bloody ABS module!
Old 16-06-19, 09:35 PM   #5

OK, so I'm feeling like a right idiot now. I checked the main ABS connection on the ABS module and it was disconnected!
I either forgot, entirely, to reconnect it, or I didn't push it on all the way before I clipped in the white "slidey" fastener. Duh!

At least the car no longer sounds like a disco when I get start it up, which is good.

I still need a front left ABS sensor, so I'll pick one of those up soon, but that was acting up before I disconnected the module. The speedometer was randomly not working, and I assumed it was because of the left sensor, but just now I connected up to PP and the speedo was working, while the ABS sensor wasn't, so I'm not sure what's going on?

I assumed that the speedometer worked by having both front wheel sensors reading roughly the same speed, but if one of them isn't working then that theory seems to be out the window.

Anybody know what, exactly, where the speedometer reading comes from?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in