7 wire or 8 wire door mirror?? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-18, 08:38 PM   #1

Default 7 wire or 8 wire door mirror??

Hi All

I've got an '05 2.0 hdi SW X-Line. Someone has decided to hit the passenger side mirror off while the wife was using the car. I'm not home until Friday night so was planning on getting a replacement mirror off ebay (spit!) and hopefully I can get the job done over the weekend before I get off to work again Sunday evening. Looking on ebay it seems there are 7 wire and 8 wire mirrors available. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 7 and 8 wire mirrors - apart from 1 wire
WV62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-18, 09:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV62 View Post
Hi All

I've got an '05 2.0 hdi SW X-Line. Someone has decided to hit the passenger side mirror off while the wife was using the car. I'm not home until Friday night so was planning on getting a replacement mirror off ebay (spit!) and hopefully I can get the job done over the weekend before I get off to work again Sunday evening. Looking on ebay it seems there are 7 wire and 8 wire mirrors available. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 7 and 8 wire mirrors - apart from 1 wire
External temperature sensor? (thermistor, ie temperature dependent resistor, with other end connected to ground) requires 1 additional wire.
Old 01-07-18, 10:18 PM   #3

Temp sensor would probably be 2 wires but i think most cars have the temp sensor may be 1 wire on newer cars with common earth it could also be the extra wire is for the tilt function some have when reversing

Adjust motor needs 3 wires
Power fold 2 wires
Heater element 2 wires

So theres 7 so its either temp sensor or tilt function

Old 02-07-18, 07:29 AM   #4

Would any of you know if the 8 wire could be used if my existing mirror is 7 wire? Swapping plugs wouldn't be a problem if needed.
WV62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-18, 07:41 AM   #5

I would expect the plug to be the same and the standard wiring to locate in the same pins the plug may well have more than 8 locations to cater for all options so most likely it will just plug in.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in