407sw 1.6 hdi No glow plug light or EML - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-12-15, 10:07 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 407sw 1.6 hdi No glow plug light or EML

Hi guys.

I have had my 407sw 1.6 hdi for a few months now. It came to me with some problems, most of which I have fixed.

Now I am left with a couple of niggles that I hope you knowledgeable chaps can help me with.

I have no EML light - even when there are error codes. It doesn't appear when the ignition is turned on either.

Also, no glow plug light - same as above.

I have one error code: p1351 which I believe relates to the glow plug system.
When cleared, it just keeps coming back.

When I first got the car, it was giving a whole list of codes. All but the p1351 disappeared after I found and reconnected a vacuum pipe to the turbo.

I had the 'depollution system faulty' message before fixing the turbo pipe but since then no warning has appeared.

So my questions are: How can I find out why my two missing lights don't work (fuses, relays etc.) and is there a procedure for checking the glow plug system to kill the p1351 error code?

I have had the instrument cluster out but found that the lamps can't be replaced - they're LED soldered to the circuit board. (or am I wrong?)

With regards to the glow plugs, could there be a faulty relay somewhere? However, as they are only used to run a DPF forced regeneration cycle surely my 'depollution system fault' message should still be there?

Apart from these, the car runs smoothly with decent power and is returning an average of 47mpg (which seems correct to me).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
scot748 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-12-15, 07:21 AM   #2

Planet will do a dash lights test, it should show if someone has had the dash out and covered the bulbs or bust them (IIRC they're soldered onto the circuit board).

P1351 is well documented on here and means faulty glow plugs OR glow plug relay. Again, planet will test it.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in